The Half-blood prince

Aurora's Pov
Pancy: Hey, are you okay?

Pancy wants to come closer but I put my hand up to block her
Me: Don't worry, I'll catch up with you later

She nods and leaves the room. Zephyr jumps onto my lap and starts to purr, I pet him, then pick him up and put him on my bed. I fix my uniform and tie and leave the room, heading for the Potions classroom.
As soon as I enter the room I notice that Severus is not there, instead there is a man, quite advanced in years, short and stocky... as soon as he sees me he opens his eyes wide and swallows.
Slughorn: You...?
Me: Sorry, I didn't think I was late.

I wasn't really late, it was just three minutes before the start of the lesson.
Slughorn: Have we met before?
Me: No, I don't think so, sir, my name is Aurora... Aurora Nott.
Slughorn: Nott? Mm, you remind me so much of...no, that's impossible.

I go to sit next to Hermione, Pancy looks at me and then mimes with her lips "What did she want?" and I shake my head.

Slughorn: Good, then we can begin! I am your new Potions Master, Horace Slughorn.

20 minutes later

Slughorn: The presentation of this potion requires great attention to detail...

Harry and Ron appear through the door, I turn to Hermione, I had noticed they would not be here.
Slughorn: Ah... Harry dear, I was beginning to worry, I see we've brought a friend with us...
Ron: Ron Weasley, sir...

Hermione elbows me and tells me to look at all the girls next to us, who were looking at the two boys with dreamy eyes. I then snap my fingers in front of their faces and they wake up as if hypnotised and look at me sheepishly.

Harry: Excuse me, professor, but I don't have my textbook yet and neither does Ron.
Slughorn: Don't worry, you'll find them in the cupboard over there... as I was saying, I prepared some potions this morning, would either of you be able to tell me what they are?

Hermione and I both put our hands up.
Slughorn: Yes, Mrs Nott?

I approach the potions and look at them carefully.
Me: This is the Truth Potion, Veritaserum... this is the Polyjuice Potion, which is difficult to make because of its ingredients... and this... this is Amortensia, the most powerful love potion in the world, you can tell by its mother-of-pearl glow, it smells different to each of us depending on what attracts us... for example, I smell peppermint, mountain pine, whisky and...

I freeze and step back, Hermione looks at me with a raised eyebrow.
Hermione: Whisky?
I look at Pancy and Daphne, they both have a hand over their mouths trying not to laugh.

Slughorn: That's right, ten green snake points, now Amortensia doesn't really cause love, that would be quite impossible, but it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession...

Some girls come up to me and I look down at them, they must be really desperate.
Me: Professor, I couldn't understand what was in it.

He picks up a vial and examines it carefully
Slughorn: Ah yes... this is Felix Felicis Potion, otherwise known as Liquid Luck.
Hermione: Liquid Luck.
Slughorn: Yes Miss...?
Hermione: Granger.
Slughorn: Granger, Granger, is it possible that you are related to Hector Dagworth Granger, founder of the Sta Stradina Society of Posers?
Hermione: Uh, no, I don't think so, sir, I'm Muggleborn.
Slughorn: Oohoh "my best friend is Muggle-born and one of the best in our year" I assume she's the friend you were telling me about Harry?
Harry: Yes sir!
Slughorn: Mm, interesting... As I was saying, Felix Felicis is a very difficult potion to brew, disastrous if you get it wrong, one sip of this and you'll find that all your exploits are successful...