Responsibility

One week before returning to Hogwarts

Aurora's POV
I'm sitting on Draco's bed, he's sitting on the floor with his face bent over my lap, his sobs hurt me like a thousand blades, I stroke his head gently trying to calm him down.

Me: It's all right... you're going to make it, I have no doubt... ....
Draco: I'll fail Rory and he'll kill me...
Me: No, he won't.

I close my eyes, trying to hold back the tears; the door jerks open, Mattheo and Theo enter, closing the door behind them. They are shocked to see Draco like this.

Mattheo: Now you tell us what's going on, good or bad, we're going to find out, so just tell us!
Me: Mattheo.
Draco: No Rory, you're right, sooner or later they'll find out.

He stands up and holds out his arm to Theo, then pulls up his sleeve, revealing the Death Eater's mark. Theo suddenly opens his eyes and stares at me with sympathy and understanding. My brother did for a few seconds, then grabbed Draco and hugged him. When he pulls away, his eyes quickly pass over me in concern.

Mattheo: You...
Me: No
Draco: The Dark Lord has given me a mission this year, it's the only way to redeem my father's honour.
Theo: What mission?
Draco: I can't tell you... it's something I have to do alone.
Theo: Well, we can help you!

Draco: Aurora is the only one who can help me, she's the only one who has direct contact with Potter and...

Someone knocks on the door, Draco wipes away his tears, I stand up and adjust my blouse
Draco: Yes?

My aunt opens the door slowly, her eyes duller than usual, stained with tears from sleepless nights spent thinking about us; she doesn't show it, but I know her well and I can tell she's devastated.

Narcissa: Mattheo, your father wants to give you a mission...

My brother nods and the four of us follow him into the foyer; two masked figures are talking to the Death Eater Fenrir Greyback, I feel a chill run down my body as I see him covered in blood, his yellow eyes staring at me.

My mother arrives, accompanied by my father, and hands my little brother a new iron mask.

Voldemort: Are you ready for a little trip, son?
Mattheo: Where Father?
Voldemort: Diagon Alley, we shall soon have a new guest in this house.

Voldemort: Are you ready for a little trip, son?Mattheo: Where Father?Voldemort: Diagon Alley, we shall soon have a new guest in this house

I look at my aunt, a new guest... a new victim... ....
Me: Who...?
Voldemort: Ollivander

2 hours later

Mattheo is about to leave the house, but I block him, the words catch in my throat, I can't speak.

Mattheo: I know.

I nod and he disappears in a black cloud; I close the door and close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

Nagini: The Dark Lord is waiting for you...