First Day (P2)

Aurora's POV

15 minutes before to go

Severus began to walk around the desks, as soon as he passed Mattheo he gave him a small nod and then continued. The whole class had different kinds of smoke, but very few were silver.

Severus came to our row and passed Hermione's, the smoke from his cauldron was silver, which meant he had done things right. Severus didn't say or do anything though, he came over to my cauldron with two vials and filled them with the mixture from my portion. I smile at him and he nods and puts the vials in his cloak pockets.

Hermione looks at me in amazement and I shrug. Severus then stops in front of Harry's position.

Severus: Potter, what would that be...?

I see the amused faces of Draco and his friends, hide a grin and turn back to the scene.

Harry: The Peace Potion?

Severus: Tell me, Potter, can you read?

A giggle almost escapes me, seeing Draco blushing and clinging to my brother, Daphne and Pancy looking at me and our eyes meeting, that tingly feeling of seeing someone like you trying so hard not to laugh is devastating but I stop myself.

Harry: Yeah...

Severus: Read me the third line of instructions then, Potter...

He starts to read aloud, but at a certain point he freezes.

Severus: Did you do everything there was to do in the third line, Potter?

Harry: Um... no... I forgot the hellebore...

Severus: I know, which means this rubbish is completely useless... Evanesco!

Harry's potion disappears

Severus: Why don't you ask Miss Nott how to make this potion, she made it brilliantly...

Hermione: But the professor hasn't tested it, she can't know...

Severus glares at Hermione, who shuts up, and continues talking, giving us instructions for our homework. The lesson ends and we all leave the classroom.

We sit down in the Great Hall and start eating; and immediately the complaining about Potions starts.

Hermione: Then I don't understand why Snape took two flasks of your potion if you were going to give it to him at the end of the lesson.

Me: So he could test it and then put it in his stock.

Hermione: That's never happened to me, and I've always been top of his class...

Ron: So far...

Hermione impatiently throws a napkin at him.

Harry: He hates me, he always has...

Hermione: Me, who thought it would be better... you know how it is now that he's also...

She freezes and looks at me, then at her friends

Ron: Can we trust him?

Hermione: In my opinion yes, we've seen her relationship with the Slytherins... she's one of us

Ron: That she was one of us was obvious, but can we trust her with something so secret?

Hermione: I think we can trust her, Harry?

Harry is looking at me, very well, come on, give me this information, I'm not here to be your friend

Harry: There's a group of people preparing to fight you know who, that's all you need to know, and Snape is part of it...