Fragility

Mattheo's POV

A few weeks later

Aurora: It's not so bad though, there's Hermione, she's very intelligent and makes some logical sense, of course I don't agree with her about freeing the elves but

Me: Rory...
Aurora: she's very pretty
Me: Pancy and Daphne are also very pretty and they come from good families.
Aurora: Pancy, yeah, but I don't know if our parents would approve Daphne, our mum would...

She looks up at me and puts two fingers to her lips, then gets up from her bed and starts petting her cat.

Aurora: Our uncles wouldn't approve, Aunt Cissy might, but Uncle Lucius wouldn't...
Me: They're not our parents, Rory...

I fix my hair and light a cigarette.

Aurora: I know.
Me: I don't think so
Aurora: They raised us, Mattheo, and you know my relationship with our aunt...
Me: Like a daughter, that's how she treated you, no, like an aunt.

Aurora: What should Mattheo have done? Don't start acting ungrateful, your relationship was like the one she had with me before Lucius told you about the mark.

Me: He just reminded me who my real parents were...

Aurora: But she will always see you with her eldest son, even Draco says so.

Me: Stop it Aurora, I don't want to argue.

She rolls her eyes

Me: And you think they'd approve of Hermione?!

Aurora: Of course not! But again, it could be your secret

Me: She's young.

Aurora: There are three years between you two.

Me: What about the rumours about you and Potter?

She makes a very disgusted face

Aurora: Stupid rumours

Me: Better than knowing about you and Draco...

She rolls her eyes again, but this time she giggles

Me: You talked to Severus about the Potter thing.

Aurora: About Dumbledore's army? I let him hint that something was in the works, but I don't want him to say anything to Umbridge, at least not now, that pink-clad snake is doing too much already, and I don't want him to end this business now...

Me: You like it then...

Aurora: Of course I like it, practising protection spells, rather Draco talking to Umbridge about the Quidditch team?

Me: Yes, of course she agreed that the Slytherin team should continue to play.

Aurora: You know, I never told you how happy I am that they got you... ....