The train

4 months later
Stowing the last of her belongings into her suitcase, Aurora looked at herself in the mirror. A lot had changed since Lord Voldemort's arrival, you could feel the tension and worry coming from every part of this house.

Aurora: Wingardium Leviosa
The suitcases rise into the air and follow the girl downstairs, where she slowly sets them down on the floor.
Mattheo: Little sister...
Me: Our father said I could use magic, Mattheo!

Draco appears from behind a door, greets Mattheo and then gives Aurora a kiss on the cheek, who smiles shyly, visibly uncomfortable.

Mattheo rolls his eyes and pulls his sister close to him. Aurora starts to speak but freezes when she sees Nagini, followed by Voldemort, preceded by Narcissa and Lucius holding hands.

Tom: My children...
He says, placing his cold hands on the boys' cheeks; Mattheo remains impassive, while Aurora hints at a small smile.
Tom: I am sure you will not disappoint me.
Then he lowers his eyes to his daughter.
Tom: You will be my eyes and ears, you must do everything you can to mingle with this boy and his little clique.
Aurora: Of course, my lord
He looks at her crookedly
Aurora: Of course... father

A few minutes later, the Notts emerge from the chimney.
Theodore shakes Draco's hand, nods to Mattheo and kisses Aurora's hand.

Aurora's POV
Mattheo steps forward, ready to say something, but I block him by raising my arm.
Mr Nott: We're ready.

The man with the dull, sombre look shakes my uncle's hand and makes a sort of bow to my father.
I took a step to embrace my aunt, but my brother looked at me crookedly and then I froze, understanding the situation, the coldness in this place was unbearable.

2 hours later
We are at King's Cross station in London on platform 9 ¾; Draco and Theodore are greeting friends, but Theodore looks rather uncomfortable because of his father.
Mr Nott: You both already know what your job is.
Mattheo: Yes.
I hold my brother's hand and look around; three boys catch my eye.

A girl, pretty, wavy brown hair, holding a book, next to her a boy, red hair, more like a carrot if I'm honest; the two of them are talking, while the third one... is staring at Draco...
Mr Nott: That's Harry Potter.
Me: I could tell from the scar on his forehead.

Draco: She's Aurora R...
Theo: Nott, my cousin
Blasie: I didn't know you had such a pretty cousin.
The boy with the caramel complexion approaches with a grin. My brother is standing in front of me, holding out his hand.
Mattheo: Nice to meet you, Mattheo Nott, your twin brother.
Blasie: Blasie Zabini
A girl with cropped brown hair approaches and waves to me
Pansy: My name is Pansy Parkinson
Me: Nice to meet you

Draco puts his hand around her waist and I start to bite the inside of my cheek in jealousy at his gesture towards her; Mattheo notices my discomfort and takes my hand.

Drco: Look at them, you know Potter should have been in Azkaban by now, my father says he only got away because Dumbledore came to his rescue, also a beggar.

His friends laugh, but Mattheo and I look at each other, not really amused.
The boys around us start to say goodbye to their parents and board the train, and it is then that we realise it is time to go.
Theodore greets his father with a handshake and waves to him to get on the train.

We get into a carriage and Draco sits down next to me, putting his hand on my thigh.
Me: What are you doing?
I whisper to him in a reproachful tone.
Mattheo: He was getting up!
My brother says, looking him straight in the eye; Draco stands up and stands defiantly in front of Mattheo.
I immediately take my brother's hand
Mattheo: How many times do I have to tell you to stay away from my little sister, Malfoy!
Draco: And how many times do I have to tell you that you don't get to decide who gets to be with Rory, Riddle!

The other boys enter the hut but freeze when they see the tension in each other's eyes.

Me: Mattheo, sit down!
He looks at me and sits down, then puts his arm around my shoulders and I put my head on his shoulder.
The train leaves and I fall asleep in no time.

3 hours laterI am lying on my brother's lap and he is stroking my head gently

3 hours later
I am lying on my brother's lap and he is stroking my head gently.
Mattheo: Good morning Sleeping Beauty, have a good rest.
I smile at him and fix my hair
Mattheo: Do you want some?
He says and hands me a chocolate bar, I take a piece and bite into it.
Me: Where are the others?
Mattheo: They went for a walk, you should go too, make friends with Lightning Boy and his little friends
Me: The girl with them is cute, she seems like your type
Mattheo: Hermione Granger, half-blood....
Me: Ah, well, she could be your secret adventure

He rolls his eyes
Me: Sorry, I forgot you're Mr Perfect
He pushes my head back, revealing the Dark Lord's mark on his arm. Mattheo immediately covers it up and looks serious.
Mattheo: Remember whose side we're on in this thing... we can't afford to make mistakes, little sister.

I nod and stroke his cheek, he takes my hand.
Mattheo: We are Riddle Aurora, never forget that....

I got up and walked out of the hut, seeing the half-breed in the distance, along with another redheaded girl, muttering something contentedly. I put my fingers in my eyes to simulate a fake scream.
I walk up to them and bump into them, immediately turning around in shame.
Me: Oh God, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, I...

A tear rolls down my face and I sob.
Hermione: No, it's all right, are you all right?

She says, putting a hand on my shoulder
Me: No, I got into a fight with my horrible brother, we were talking about a boy I like from our town, he just started badmouthing him because his parents are Muggles and that's why my family doesn't want me to hang out with him...

She hugs me and I start to cry
Ginny: Oh, don't worry, you can stay with us, I'm Ginny, Ginny Weasley and this is Hermione...
Me: Really, I can stay with you
Ginny: With Hermione more like, I have to go now but I'll see you!
Me: Sure, of course

The girl waves goodbye to her friend and heads for a stall
Hermione: Are you new? Ginny: I haven't seen you around Hogwarts before?
Me: Yes
She takes my hand and leads me into a booth where the carrot-haired boy and Harry Potter are sitting...
Hermione: You can stay here, your brother looks like Draco Malfoy to me, he and his partner never come here...
Harry: Who is she?
Hermione: She's... I'm sorry, who are you?
Me: Aurora Nott, but everyone calls me Rory.
Ron: Nott? Like Cantankerus Nott? You brought the daughter of a suspect deatheters here, for real ?
Me: Nephew and in anyway I hate my family for it and I distance myself completely from them and what they stand for...