Slytherin

Mattheo's POV

My sister sits next to me, her eyes always on the teachers' table; Severus has played a very important role in our lives, another father figure if you can call it that.

Rory: I think he's slimmed down....

I look at her confused, he was always like that, so...

Rory: He works too much, to think he used to give us private lessons...

A huge amount of food appears on the table, I start to serve myself, but Aurora is still staring at a point in space.

Me: Come on, eat something, you have to grow up...
Rory: How are people ever going to believe we're twins, you don't look fifteen, plus you'll be eighteen in December and...
Me: Aurora, will you please stop talking?

I take a tray of food and fill it for her, she looks at me.
Me: It'll be fine, make friends with Potter, you'll be our father's eyes and ears and you'll make him proud....

She nods and pulls herself together
Me: Now eat.

Some time later

I was finishing my treacle tart when Dumbledore stood up to get our attention; the headmaster began to speak, reminding us of the school rules, pointing out the ban on the forest in the school grounds.

Dumbledore: We have had two changes in the teaching staff this year, once again we bid farewell to Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be teaching the Magical Crater Healing class, and welcome in his place the new Professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts, Dolores Jane Umbridge.

The hall rumbles with applause, followed by whispers and puzzled looks. Dumbledore starts to speak again but is interrupted by Umbridge, a petite woman dressed entirely in pink; Rory looks at me and giggles.

Aurora: A confection

I smile and start to listen to what she has to say.

P. Umbridge: I can't wait to meet you all, and I know we're going to be very good friends.

Both Rory and I look at each other and raise an eyebrow, the woman had such a false tone that her sentence was almost unbelievable; the speech is long and boring, but still some of her statements make me think.

Rory: What are they going to say back home, we have one of the Ministry at Hogwarts, progress for progress' sake must be discouraged, what a clown.

Me: The Ministry wants to keep an eye on Dumbledore's movements and what better way than to send one of them. ....

Rory: Do you think this will complicate our plan?

Me: No, but we know that the Ministry isn't exactly Potter's number one fan.

Rory: And that's going to help us?

Me: I'll send an owl home.

Rory: No need, we've only been here a couple of hours, let's see how it goes, it might come back to me for my charade.

Dumbledore dismisses us and everyone stands up, I take my sister's hand and we start to follow the crowd of children, flanked by Pancy who explains that the Slytherin common room is in the Hogwarts dungeon.

Draco: Come on, first years, walk!

We descend the stairs and continue walking until we reach a blind spot.

Pancy: Veni, vidi, vici.

A door appears from the wall and opens, revealing a long corridor that leads us into a large room with green reflections.