First Day (P1)

Aurora's POV

Zephyrus starts to purr above my head, mewing insistently, I open my eyes and take him in my arms; Pancy is also awake and sits down in front of the mirror.

Pancy: Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you... 

Me: Don't worry, it wasn't your fault.

Zephyr makes a strange noise and jumps out of bed offended, I giggle and get out of bed. I get ready, feed the cat and go out with her; we part as soon as I see my brother coming out of the common room, I try to get his attention; he sees me and speeds up his pace as I chase him and flank him.

Me: Thanks for waiting for me...

I say ironically, but he still does not look at me.

Mattheo: Why should I, it's your mission not mine and you don't need my help, besides I don't feel like babysitting you.

Me: You won't be angry about this letter, I hope, because that would be ridiculous, Mattheo.

He continues to walk, but I take him by the arm and drag him along a pillar.

Mattheo: Aurora, listen.

Me: No, you listen, we're in this together, if you're here too, it's because our father thinks you're as useful as me, besides...

I take his wrist and lift it, revealing the mark.

Me: You have this, not me...

Mattheo: Just because you are too young.

Me: No Mattheo, it's because you've shown over the years that you deserve it, because our father trusts you and considers you worthy of what we know is very important to him.

Me: Stop it Mattheo

Mattheo: I should have accepted the mission because I am the greatest.

Me: Mattheo, be reasonable, we both know that I'm much better at manipulation and lies than you, who's more believable, you, a helpless and scared boy who has nothing or me, a little girl with the ability to cry on command and a good ability to tell bullshit.

He is about to counter

Me: How would you have approached Potter? I'm curious... no one would believe it if you told them that someone was bullying you because you sympathise with half-breeds, big and tall as you are, a punch in the face and you're OK...

Mattheo: Why do you always think my only answer is violence?

I raise an eyebrow and roll my eyes.

Me: You'll see, as soon as the opportunity arises, you'll be given an important mission, SO STOP BEING RIDICULOUS and unless Potter and his Gryffindor friends are around, don't try to be an asshole to me for no reason, I've made myself clear.

Mattheo: Okay

Me: I only have you and you only have me, remember that.

Mattheo: I know...

He kisses me on the forehead and we walk out from behind the column towards the big room.

Me: You're auditioning for Quidditch.

Mattheo: Of course you should, you know you'd be in the team in a heartbeat.

Me: It wouldn't do me any good to have sympathy for those three.

We got to the entrance of the hall, we looked at each other and with a glance we understood each other, it was time to go in; the three of them were sitting at the Gryffindor table, Mattheo nodded his head at me and went to sit with the others in our group.