Journal Entry December 9, 2023

Well, Dad knows now. He also knows that Zee is in Mali and even for Dad, that is too far to vent his rage. Since I am the only one here, he vented his rage on me. I am going to start a list that is going to be very long, listing all the things you owe me for Zee Pruk Panich. I can't imagine what Dad was like before Mom calmed him down. I just got the chills.

After yelling for a bit, about unprotected sex...

'Now you must live with the consequences of your actions. Who is going to help you raise this child? Who is going to pay the expenses? There are hospital fees, clothes, school, lodging...'

That made me so mad. The answer is ME! I have a good job. I can work from home and my hours are flexible. My employer won't care about my situation if I do my work. I am an author.

My first book did well enough, and my future is, hopeful. Sorry if I am not established one year after college but I think I am doing very well.

I guess I was, until I got pregnant and now there is the life of a single mom looming. Being pregnant makes you redefine who you are and your path in life. I am not who I was before. I never will be again.

I understand why Dad yelled at me. He loves me and is worried. Dad has always wanted a traditional lifestyle for me. Like Mom has. He wants me to be happy and safe with a good alpha who will provide anything I ever wanted. But I don't want that. I am not going to be a stay-at-home omega. That was never my ideal.

I love Mom and Dad. They have a good marriage. I had a happy childhood. But I saw what my mom went through. She was lonely and isolated. She lived for the two of us. We were her life. I don't want that. I want to stay active and relevant in the world. I want friends and options.

Anyway, Dad and Mom are united in thinking that I need to keep trying to contact Zee. Even if he is at the ends of the earth in a communication vacuum. Dad said that having children is an Alpha's dream. He thinks Zee will go berserk when he finds out he has a pregnant omega at home and come running.

'We are biologically built that way.'

When I asked him how I was supposed to contact Zee when he is in one of the most desolate places on earth, he told me I was smart and to figure out a way.

Deep breaths NuNew. Deep breaths.

Until then I am going to think about moving in with Mom and Dad. That is if I can tolerate moving my nest.

On an exciting note, Mom is taking me maternity clothes shopping.

'You can't wear the same pair of sweatpants every day.', Mom said.

She is right of course, but until recently maternity clothes were the least of my worries. Anyway, I can't wait to go maternity clothes shopping. I don't have anywhere to go, but when I do, I am going to look adorbs.

Okay, Strawberry. We have our orders. Let's find Daddy.