Zee's POV Email October 23, 2023

To: NuNew Charawin Perdpiriyawong

From: Zee Pruk Panich

Re: Leaving the Country

Nhu,

Hey baby. You blocked me. You are very naughty. Daddy is going to punish you later. XOXO

This is the only way I know to get a hold of you.

I owe you an explanation. I know I disappeared yesterday, but I did not want to. I volunteer with Engineers Without Borders. I am part of a project that will install electricity and water in schools for nomadic people called the Tuareg. My job was to design the electrical system that they would be installing in the schools.

While you were sleeping the project manager called with an emergency. The engineer who was supposed to go and install the electrical system had a family emergency. His mate got in a car accident. She survived, but it will be a month before she is okay to be alone. I need to go to the Sahara Dessert in Mali and fill in for him until he can join the team. I only have one day to get everything ready before I leave. I would never go ordinarily, but without me stepping in, the project will be canceled. These kids will never get another chance. Can you understand why I am going?

It's only one month, baby. I don't want to go. I want to be with you. I should have stayed cuddled under the blankets and never answered the phone this morning. Then I would still be with you.

I meant everything I said to you last night, Kitten. I am not walking out on you. Can you please wait for one month? I hate leaving and not being able to talk to you. I want to see you so badly. I am going to go insane thinking about you.

I won't be able to contact you where I am going. There is no technology in the Sahara Desert except Satellite phones. If you want to know how I am, or if there is an emergency, I left you as an emergency contact with the project manager. His name is Mr. Patterson, and his number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. They are very strict there, so you need to call yourself and tell him you are my emergency contact and go down to his office and show him your driver's license. You only need to do that once. I told him you were my mate.

It's one month baby, I promise I am not abandoning you. I have waited a long time to be in a position where I was free to be with you. If you will have me, I intend to court you and see if I can earn the right to be your mate. I wanted to tell you this in person, but I am so worried you will see my sudden departure negatively. I don't want you to think I am a bad alpha who used you. So, I am making my intent clear in this email.

I can't believe this is happening. I finally got to hold you and make love to you. Do you know how many years I have waited to do that? How am I supposed to be apart from you for a month? I can't even see you before I go. I want to reassure you and hear if you are willing to wait for me.

I believe in us Nhu. I believe you are my one and only. Please be patient baby. Please wait for me.

Love,

Zee