NuNew POV July 5, 2026

Mom agreed to take Star so I could go out and blow off some steam. All that was left was to tell Hia. He was going to want to come, and I was trying to find a way to tell him it was omegas only.

Hia was not the type of alpha who was controlling and did not let his omega have any fun. He just did not want me to go out alone; three omegas and all of us looking like, well...it's dance night so of course we would look good.

I knew it was his nature, but I could not see the danger and thought his concern was just an alpha thing. Two of us had mates. One of the benefits of having a mate and being marked was the freedom it allowed us. Even still, before I got pregnant, the three of us went out like this almost every weekend. The only problem I ever had going out dancing with my besties had been him showing up, seducing me, and knocking me up.

I decided it was best to do this over text. That way he could take his time before answering.

Kitten: "Look what your daughter did."

Daddy: "OMFG! How did you get July out of there?"

Kitten: "Cat surgery."

Daddy: "What?"

Kitten: I wrapped him in a towel and cut away the yarn. James and Nat helped."

Daddy: "🥺"

Kitten "Hia, are you working late tonight?"

Daddy: "Yes baby, I will be home after dinner."

Kitten: "Mom is watching Star tonight. I am going out with the Jellies.

Daddy" "... "

Daddy: " "

Oh boy, he is typing and deleting. It would be funny to see what he originally wrote.

Daddy: "..."

Daddy: " "

Daddy: "..."

Daddy: "Can you wait until I come home, so I can join you?"

Here we go. Time to calm my alpha down.

Kitten: "That sounds fun honey but it's omegas only tonight. James is fighting with Film and needs to get his confidence back on the dance floor."

Daddy: "Just the three of you?"

Kitten: "Yup."

Daddy: "I don't know Bobae. It does not sound safe."

Kitten: "It's fine Teerak. We are going to a safe place. It has a good reputation for taking care of Omegas."

And here comes a ridiculous alpha strategy to guard their omega from the air.

Daddy: "What if I come and hang out at a separate table."

Aww, my baby is so predictable. He is so cute.

Kitten: "Hia, you are so sweet to worry, but how am I supposed to ignore my smoking hot mate? You know I can't keep my hands off you. The point of tonight is my friendship with my besties and supporting James. He does not need to see me happy with my husband. That would make it worse."

Daddy: "What if I sat in the car and waited?"

Kitten: "Hia!"

Kitten: "Why don't you take this opportunity and go out with your friends? Sounds like Film probably could use some cheering up."

Hia: "I don't know. I don't like it."

What does that mean? What does he think I am going to do? This is beginning to piss me off.

Kitten: "I wasn't asking Hia."

Daddy: "Nhu? I am just worried about your safety."

Classic alphahole rationale.

Kitten: "Hia, I am mated, married, and have a child. No one is going to bother me."

Daddy: "Nhu, you don't know what you are talking about. Alphas are not the only thing that you have to worry about?"

I don't know what I am talking about. I don't know what I, am talking about? I want to go out one night. ONE NIGHT. I haven't asked for a single night to myself in 3 years.

Kitten: "I have not gone out with my besties without you since 10/22/23. Remember that night? It is July 5, 2026. It has been two years and nine months."

Daddy: "You're right. It has been a long time. I'm just worried."

Kitten: "I know baby. It's your nature."

Daddy: "If you know that, why are you doing this?"

WHAT? Now he really is pissing me off.

Kitten: "I'm not doing anything."

Daddy: "How would you feel if I went out with the guys and didn't invite you."

No, he didn't.

Kitten: "Are you kidding me right now?"

Daddy: "No."

I pulled up his contact information on my phone and changed his name on the contact.

Kitten: "Are you sure you don't want to reflect for a second? I will give you that time and let you take it back."

Alphahole: "I don't need to take it back; it's how I feel."

Seeing the name change made me laugh. I was feeling very pleased with myself.

Kitten: "Veronica."

Alphahole: "We talked about that, and you said you didn't blame me."

Kitten: "I don't blame you, but you forget how many nights you went out drinking and singing karaoke and coming home smelling like that beta. And I was not invited. I sat there and took it even though it upset me every day. Why? Because I support you and trust you."

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Alphahole: "Oh."

Kitten: "OH?"

Kitten: "So, you can suck it up for one night because I am going out with my besties, who don't want to fuck me by the way."

Alphahole: "NHU!"

Kitten: "I'm going before I say anything else. I will be home late, don't wait up."

I was going to wear jeans and a cute T-shirt but after that text exchange with Hia, I am going to wear the new sexy outfit I have been saving. Take that Zee. You can blame it on the therapy. What can I say, I am empowered.