Zee POV Event February 13, 2024

I am on the plane to Paris, and I just finished reading NuNew's emails. They were heartbreaking. Nhu uses humor to hide his pain, but I know him. I could tell he was troubled but did not want me to worry. After a while, he was so desperate that he dropped the humor, and his emails became pleas for help. I will never forgive myself for putting my omega and pup through so much pain and danger. All this time, Nhu thought I walked out on him, and he loved me despite that. I don't deserve it.

I try and shift in my cramped seat without waking the elderly woman sitting next to me. I feel like my nervous system is on fire. The urgency to get to my kitten is intense. I need to use this travel time well. I want to arrive with some answers. There is some devious shit going on and I need to get to the bottom of it. I have organized my thoughts into questions.

1. Who tampered with my email?

2. Why are my parents trying to get my baby?

3. Why are they trying to take Nhu to court?

4. What is Janis' role in this?

5. Can I trust my brother to tell me what's going on?

6. Why didn't EWB notify me?

I D.M. my friend Mark. His nickname is Hacker because he has the best computer skills in my friend group and works as an IT professional.

Zee: Hey. Need a favor.

Hacker: Dude, where the hell have you been?

Zee: I will tell you everything later. I have an emergency.

Hacker: You, okay?

Zee: Yeah, but my mate isn't.

Hacker: MATE?

Zee: Almost mate, I will tell you later.

Hacker: Alright, what do you need?

Zee: Someone has been tampering with my email. I need to know who.

Mark is on the case, next I need to feel out my brother, but before I do that, Mark wants me to check my social media accounts to see if the sabotage is everywhere or only isolated to my email. There should be some messages from Nhu on I.G. If they are still there then whoever is messing with my email does not have access to my social media accounts.

I log in and see the messages Nhu sent me before he figured out, I was in Mali. When he wrote the messages, he must have thought I had sex with him and then ghosted him. That all my words of love were lies so I could take his virginity. Waves of guilt make my eyes moist as I continue to realize how he has struggled without me.

Now is not the time for self-flagellation. I need to turn my regret into resolve. I will not let this continue. I will protect my omega and my pup.

Talking to my brother is always tricky. If you don't know what his motivation is, it is easy to be manipulated. I may be his brother, but in his eyes, we are all his pawns.

I decide to reach out and tell him I am coming home and see where the conversation leads me.

Zee: Hello, big brother. I am back online. Did you miss me?

Gun: I always miss my baby brother. How was Africa?

Zee: Living without technology is like experiencing an existential crisis. But a lot of people are better off because of our time there. At least I hope so.

Zee: How are things there? I hope Mom and Dad are not driving you crazy.

Gun: They have been extra lately.