Zee's POV February, 16, 2024

All the time I have lost. Every exam, hearing the heartbeat for the first time. Watching my daughter develop. Finding out I had, a daughter. Learning about how to be an alpha, and what it takes to take care of my pregnant omega. Every laugh, every tear, I have missed all of this. It all comes to a head when I am sitting in the examination room with NuNew, Dr. U, Mr. U., and Mrs. Perdperiyawong.

This is all routine for them. I am seeing it for the first time. I feel a deep sorrow welling up inside of me. I feel my lip tremble, so I dig my fingers into my palm to stop the emotions from showing up on my face. I don't want to make this about me.

I almost managed it until the sonogram. I am sitting next to Nhu, and we are both staring at a tiny screen. The image blurs in and out in black and white. Then, I see her. I see, my child. This is real. It is not a photo or a video. At this moment in time, I am seeing my daughter move.

The entire room erupts in gasps and coos. I burst into tears. Deep ragged, holding it in too long, sobs as I mourn all the time that was stolen from me; from us. For a moment the room is still, the only thing we can hear is the whoosh, whoosh, of Strawberry's heart, which drives the point home for me. Any hope of stopping is gone with the sound of my daughter's heartbeat.

I feel Nhu shift, and then I feel his little arms around me, and his hot tears splash on the back of my neck. I shift to put my head in his lap where I can hold him and Strawberry. I am fisting Nhu's examination gown as I cry into his lap.

Another set of arms goes around me, then another, and another. There is not a dry eye in the examination room as we all mourn the time that was stolen from me.

The moment passes. My tears suddenly dry up and I want to see more. I want to see my daughter. Somehow Dr. U. managed to hang onto the sonogram wand, and Strawberry is performing for us. She is kicking her feet. I feel a tiny pop, pop, where Strawberry is kicking me. Nhu gasps, and I begin to laugh. This must be contagious because soon the entire room is laughing and just like that, it is over. No more worrying about what I have missed, because we have so many firsts ahead of us.

"My darling boy, in the scheme of things, these few months will seem like nothing. You have thousands of firsts ahead of you.", Mrs. P said.

Mr. U. begins passing out tissues as we resume the examination.

ΩΩΩ

Everyone is all smiles as we leave the OB-GYN. NuNew had the first positive visit in a long time. His blood work is looking much better. He is gaining weight. Best of all, Kitten is happy.

I get Nhu safely buckled into the passenger seat walk around the car and groan when I see the bags and suitcases haphazardly shoved into the backseat. I take my seat behind the wheel and triple check all my mirrors are clear, and that Nhu is buckled in with the seatbelt below his belly.

"You are not eating enough. You need to rest more. If Zee does not come back...blah blah blah. That is all I used to hear. Now that my alpha is here, everything is turning around and I am so happy, Hia.", Nhu says.

"You still need to eat well and rest, and take care of yourself, Kitten.", I say.

"Not you too."

Nhu whines as if I am adding insult to injury. My little drama king.

"You wanted me back; what did you think I was going to be like? I thought it was common knowledge that an alpha with a pregnant omega is the most overprotective creature on earth."

"Alphahole.", Nhu whispered.

"I am right next to you Nhu.", I say.

He mouths something that I am sure is insulting and I laugh. I am whipped if I think he is adorable while he mouths obscenities at me. I lean over and kiss his filthy little mouth.

"Ready?", I ask.

"Ready.", Nhu says.

Excited, Nhu asks me questions about where I live, how many bedrooms I have, and where will he put his stuff. I pull out of the parking lot with a huge grin on my face, excited about our future together.