NuNew POV Event March 3, 2024

Mom is cooking in the kitchen, and I am showing her pictures of strawberry nursery décor.

"What do you think of this one?", I ask.

"That's not a baby blanket, that is a work of art. You realize that babies vomit and poop all over everything. You should get something serviceable, not expensive and pretty. You will only get upset when it gets ruined."

'Okay. Okay. I get it. But do you like it?", I ask.

"Why do I bother?", she asks.

I snuggle up next to her purring.

"Because you love me, and I am your favorite child.", I say.

"You are my only child New."

"Tsk. Technicalities.", I say.

"Wait! I have another son now. Where is my favorite son?", Mom asks.

"MOM!"

Mom is giggling like a gremlin. Now I know where I get it from. She pushes the carrots over to me.

"Peel these.", she says.

"But Zee said-."

"Zee's not here and you're pregnant not an invalid.", Mom says.

I begin peeling the carrots.

"Where is he anyway?", asks Mom.

"He is getting some hangover medicine for himself and his brother."

"Brother? The one who came by the house?", asks Mom.

"Yup. They showed up last night drunk. I put him in the nursery.", I say.

"How do you feel about that?", asks Mom.

"I am nervous there is another alpha in the house. I don't like his smell. Zee told me that they are trying to be better brothers. I think family is important, but I don't trust him."

I whisper my answer. He probably cannot hear us, but I don't want to take the chance.

I hear some beeps from the door, but it is different than normal. Normally it is two beeps and then I hear the mechanism in the lock. This time there is a series of beeps, and then I hear the two beeps and the mechanism. We can see the front door from the kitchen. We both stop what we are doing and look at the door. We are expecting Zee, but Zee is not who walks in the door. As soon as I recognize who it is a growl erupts deep in my chest.

It's Janis.

ΩΩΩ

Janis does not appear to be surprised to see us. She also seems to know her way around the place. She simpers at us and calmly takes off her clickety-clackity girl shoes, pushes my shoes off the shoe stand, and replaces them with her own.

"Where are my kitten slippers?", she asks?"

I look down in horror. I am wearing kitten slippers. They were here on day one, so I naturally started using them. I start to take them off, but my mom stops me. Then she steps in front of me.

"You don't belong here. You need to leave.", Mom says.

"Do I? I don't think you are in any position to stop me, omega.", she says.

My growling gets faster, and I get ready to spring. Mom reaches back and starts rubbing Strawberry. She is reminding me I need to protect my baby.

"This is my son-in-law's home, and you are not welcome. Leave immediately or I will call the police."

"Oh? Did Zee and NuNew get married? It's strange that I was not invited to his wedding since I am the bride.", she sneers.

"They are a mated pair now. Showing up here is disgusting and desperate. This is your last chance.", Mom says.