DAY FOUR ( PART 1)

DAY FOUR
POV: Ishaan Kishan
Ishaan parked outside of the apartment complex where shubman's sister lives, and texted Shubman.

‘ I know you are reading my texts, I am outside’

No reply.

‘ if you don't come down right now, I will go up’

Still no reply.

Ishaan waited a few more minutes. He stared at the gates. No sign of Shubman. Annoyed, Ishaan decided to go up instead. Even though Ishaan has never personally gone to Shubman's sister's apartment, he knew the apartment number.

Once when Ishaan had to travel out of town on valentine's day for work, Shubman decided to spend it at his sister's place, annoying her instead of partying. Even though Shubman had told Ishaan that he wasn't sad, Ishaan knew that Shubman had planned a lot for that day. So to make up for it, he sent a huge bouquet of red roses to him.
Everyone assumed that it was his rumored girlfriend, but Ishaan didn't mind. Shubman was ecstatic about it, that's all that mattered.

Ishaan stood outside the apartment and texted Shubman.

‘ Babe I'm outside the apartment.’

After a few minutes, the apartment door opened. Shubman peeked out a little and gestured to Ishaan to come in. The apartment was dimly lit, Ishaan looked at Shubman, who lowered his head and quietly walked towards the first room. Ishaan tiptoed behind him.

Once they were inside the room, Shubman locked the door and tried to walk over to the bed. Ishaan held his hand and turned him around. The sight of Shubman broke his heart. His big beautiful eyes were bloodshot and swollen. His face and neck had faint nail marks on it.
Ishaan reached out and tried to touch his face, but Shubman, in anger, pushed his hands away.

He sat on the bed and stared at the floor. Ishaan stared at him helplessly.
‘ What am I gonna do?’ he thought to himself.

He walked over and sat down near Shubman's feet. Neither of them said anything for a while. The sound of thunder made Shubman look over to the window. A few seconds later, lighting illuminated the room. He watched as little raindrops collided against the glass. The sight of the rain made his heart ache again. Even though the room was warm, Shubman felt cold all over.

He turned and looked at Ishaan who was hugging his knees and unconsciously playing with the silver ring on his finger. Taking a deep breath Shubman lowered himself to the ground and sat down.
Ishaan turned his head to face him. Shubman brought his knees to his chest, and rested his head on them and stared at Ishaan.

Har baat alfaazon mein bayan kyun karu?
Kabhi Meri khamoshi bhi toh samjoh’
‘ should I always use words to explain, sometimes understand my silence too’

Ishaan reached out and ran his fingers through Shubman's hair.

‘ I'm sorry’ he managed to say.

Shubman turned his face away.

‘ Why weren't you there?’ Shubman said after a while. It was barely audible.

‘ I'm sorry’ it was all Ishaan could say.

Seeing Shubman in this state, made Ishaan want to claw out his heart.

‘ I called you….I called you Ishaan, why didn't you come!’ Shubman cried out looking at Ishaan again.

‘ I'm sorry Meri jaan’ Ishaan almost pleaded.

He tried to get close to Shubman, but he pushed him away. Ishaan tried again, only to have Shubman push away his arms. Ishaan, in frustration,held both of Shubman's hands and forcefully brought him closer and embraced him.