September 26

POV: Shubman Gill.

‘ Shubman?’ Ishaan's voice broke the silence of the house.

Shubman came out of his room, shocked. He stared at Ishaan for a while, through the tears before he threw himself at Ishaan, hugging his back.

‘ Ishu! I…I missed you’

Ishaan turned around and embraced him. Shubman felt as though his entire world had stopped for a minute. He wanted to stay in Ishaan's arm for the rest of eternity. He pulled back and looked into Ishaan's beautiful eyes.

‘ I'm…I'm sorry about everything’ Shubman cried and lowered his gaze.

Ishaan ran his fingers through Shubman's hair and pulled him closer. He lifted Shubman's chin and kissed him deeply.

‘ Ishu…baby I swear…’

‘ Shhh…that's enough…I'm home now’ he whispered into Shubman's ears as he hugged him again.

‘ Didn't you miss me even for a moment?’ Shubman complained.

Ishaan, who was seated on the bed, smiled a little.

‘ I did’

‘ Then?’

‘ I needed time’

‘ I'm sorry Ishu'

‘ Let it be…’

Shubman watched as Ishaan kissed his hands and pressed it against his face. It broke his heart to see that Ishaan had lost so much weight.

‘ Ishu…ba…’

‘ Let me love you….’ Ishaan interrupted Shubman.

‘ what?’ Shubman felt out of breath.

‘ I have missed you for so long, baby. Every second I spent away from you felt like hell. I ..I want to kiss you, and savor you, every ...every inch of you …baby please’ Ishaan said as he ran his hands up Shubman's t-shirt.

Shubman felt goosebumps across his body. He desperately wanted to be touched by Ishaan. He took off his shirt and got on top of Ishaan's lap. He looked into Ishaan's eyes, his heart beating faster  and pulled him into a kiss. A kiss of longing, of desperation. A

For the next few hours both of them were lost in their own worlds, entwined in each other's arms. Every moan, every thrust, every time they said each other's name, they were erasing the distance they had between themselves the past few days.

‘ I…I love you so much’ Shubman breathlessly whispered to Ishaan.

Ishaan kissed his shoulders and wrapped his arms around his waist. They felt content in each other's warmth.

‘ Babe….did you hear that?’ Shubman asked, sitting up.

‘ What….’

‘ Ishu …there's someone out there' Shubman whispered, grabbing Ishaan's biceps.

‘ Who will be in the apartment, it's probably just the wind’ Ishaan mumbled sleepily.

‘ No ..Ishu, there's someone walking….’ Shubman pleaded.

Ishaan groaned and sat up.

‘ Fine, let me check’

‘ Ishu, they might hurt you…’ Shubman panicked.

Ishaan looked around and picked up Shubman's cricket bat and walked out of the room.

Shubman paced around the room, Ishaan was gone for a while now. He looked around for his phone to call Ibrahim and realized that he left it outside. He let out a frustrated sigh and decided to check it by himself. He silently opened the bedroom door and tip-toed out.