DAY SEVEN (Part Three)

POV: Shubman Gill

It took them a while to get Shubman to calm down. They sat around him as he rested in the guest bedroom. He didn't want to go back to his room. He didn't want to see the bed which he slept on, he didn't want to be reminded of last night. He didn't want to feel Ishaan's anger still pulsating in the air of that room.

Simran took a good look at him. His eyes were swollen and bloodshot. Shubman sniffled and wiped his nose.

‘ You need to eat something’ Ibrahim said softly.

Shubman shook his head. He didn't want to vomit again.

‘ Did you do it?’ Simran didn't want to beat around the bush.

The sooner this was solved, the sooner Shubman could start to recover.

Shubman looked at her, in shock. How could she think, even for a second, that he would do such a thing?

‘ Di, why would I do it??? I love ishaan.' he started crying again.

‘ There's a NDA here, which is signed by both you and Tilak.’ Simran gave him the papers.

He held the papers with trembling hands and looked at them. It was his signature, but he knew that he didn't sign it.

‘ I…I swear, I didn't do it. Di, I felt as though something had taken over me. I..I don't know how to explain this!’ he tried to explain in frustration.

‘ I.. I was at the hospital and uh, I woke up and …and all of a sudden it wasn't me. I was… I was seeing myself in third person.’

Shubman saw them exchange doubtful looks.

‘ WHY THE FUCK WONT YOU BELIEVE ME?!’ He screamed.

‘ What did you say to the bodyguards? They refused to follow you even on my orders’ Ibrahim asked.

Shubman looked away in anger.

‘ I didn't want them following me. I hated having them around me. I wanted to be alone’

‘ They were there for a reason, Shubman sir’ Ibrahim tried to hide his anger.

‘ I don't care. I don't want them around, I don't want anyone around, I want Ishaan!’ Shubman cried out.

‘ Shubman, you cannot behave like this. We are trying to help you,’ Simran said, trying to hold his hands.

‘ You should have stopped him from leaving. That would have helped me’ he sobbed and covered his face.

‘ Baby…he left..he left in anger’

‘ You should have tried anyway. I didn't do this. I didn't sleep with Tilak!’

‘ Then why were you in bed with him? Why were you both in your boxers? Why do you have marks all over you? There's empty boxes of condoms.’

Shubman let out a frustrated groan and got off the bed.

“ Shubhi, where are you going? Wait’ Simran tried to stop him.

‘ I… I don't know’ he pulled his hands back.

‘ Shubman sir!’ Ibrahim held him by his elbows.

Shubman in a fit of anger pushed Ibrahim away.

‘ LEAVE ME ALONE, I WANT TO BE ALONE’ he screamed.

‘ We are trying to help you, kaka," Simran said, walking towards him.

He shook his head furiously and walked away from them towards the door.