February 2024 (Part Two)

POV: Ishaan Kishan.

Ishaan and Shreyas were back home, with Ishaan's family, preparing for the wedding. Everyone was in a happy mood, despite some of the unpleasant reactions their neighbors and relatives gave about the news.

‘ You are always here, aren't you?’

Ishaan, Shreyas and Aditi were on the terrace, enjoying the quiet night with chai and cigarettes.

‘ Where else would I be?’

‘ Maybe..at your own home?’

Aditi narrowed her eyes at Ishaan as she sipped her tea.

‘ Oh, I want to introduce someone to you guys!’ Aditi said in excitement.

‘ Ooooh, did you finally get a boyfriend?’ Shreyas asked, moving away from them to smoke.

‘ Yeah well, I had to…I couldn't spend the rest of my life mourning over Ishaan..’ she said dramatically pretending to wipe her tears.

‘ I'm sorry..’ Ishaan said quietly.

‘ It's okay, I'm over it…’

‘ So..tell us about this mystery man..’ Shreyas asked, sitting down beside them.

‘ We met on a blind date, he's an IPS officer..he's kind and sweet, and funny…’ Aditi looked away dreamily.

‘ Is he real or a fragment of your imagination?’ Ishaan joked.

Aditi pinched the side of his stomach.

‘ Ow!’ Ishaan nudged her away.

‘ He's very real, and he's coming tomorrow to meet you both…he's like a cute little puppy..’

‘ Going to keep him on a leash, aren't you?’ Ishaan smirked.

‘ probably, but it's way too early to reveal my true colors’ Aditi sighed.

‘ What's his name?’

‘ Dhruv Jurel’

‘ We are glad that you are happy…’ Ishaan said softly, pulling on a strand of her hair.

‘ Thank you..and please please be kind to him’ Aditi pleaded.

‘ When…when have we ever been unkind?’ Ishaan scoffed.

‘ Ishaan beta’ Ishaan's mother, who was carrying pancake, interrupted their conversation.

‘ Ji mom'

All the members of Ishaan's family including entered the terrace and settled down with them.

‘ We need to talk’

Ishaan and Shreyas nervously looked at each other.

‘ Is…is everything okay?’

‘ Your mother and I were talking and…I don't think that I can come to the wedding..’

‘ Wha…what? What do you mean?’ Ishaan looked around, panicked.

Raj and his wife sat with a grim look on their face, Ishaan looked at Shreyas and Aditi, who looked as shocked as he was.

‘ We just don't think that it will be okay…’

‘ Dad, did someone say something again? What's going on?’ Ishaan asked as he stood up.

Ishaan's mom and dad exchanged glances with Raj and his wife and burst out laughing. Ishaan stared at them confused, his heart still beating out of control.