DAY SIX ( Part one)

DAY SIX

POV: Shubman Gill.

‘ Sir, please. You need to rest, you are burning up again. You vomited twice, you can't leave the house like this!’ Ibrahim pleaded to Shubman who stubbornly was trying to leave the apartment.

He could barely walk in a straight line. He was delirious from the fever and unable to even properly open his eyes.

‘ Look, I took the medicine, didn't I? I will be okay in a few minutes, ' Shubman replied.

Shubman tried to get around Ibrahim who kept blocking the way to the door.

‘ Why are you doing this to yourself?’ Ibrahim asked after a deep sigh.

Shubman leaned on the wall, struggling to breath.

‘ I…I hurt Ishaan a lot. I said things, I shouldn't have’

‘ I could see it in his eyes, Ibrahim… how…how hurt he was. My words cut right through his heart..’

‘ those words should have cut my tongue before being uttered’

Ibrahim watched as Shubman wiped his tears and nose with the sleeve of his hoodie and struggled to stand upright. This was turning out to be much more than what he signed up for, but part of him was curious about how their love story would end.

‘ Fine. I will take you to wherever you want to go, but promise me, you will start your medicines properly’ Ibrahim sounded stern.

Shubman quickly nodded and held Ibrahim's arm for support. Both of them made their way outside.

It was a cold morning, the wind mercilessly teased Shubman who was hugging himself to protect against the cold. He looked up at the sky and muttered a prayer wondering if it would reach the heavens in time, or if it would get swept away with the wind.

‘ Please protect Ishaan and their love.’

POV: Ishaan Kishan.

Ishaan woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing continuously. He struggled to get off the bed, but stopped when he saw Shreyas get off the bed and rush to the door. Ishaan drank the night away and called Shreyas to take him home. Unable to walk, or talk properly, crying his lungs out he ended up taking refuge in the only place that didn't break his heart.

‘ Oh great, it's you’ Shreyas rolled his eyes at the sight of Shubman standing at the door.

‘ Where's Ishaan?’ Shubman asked, avoiding Shreyas' comment.

‘ Why do you care?’

‘Tell him I'm here’

‘ absolutely not. You broke his heart, you don't deserve to see him.’

His comments hurt Shubman. He looked down, eyes tightly shut and tried to suppress his anger.

‘ Did he say that? Or are you saying it? His anger betrayed him.

‘ Does it matter? I'm telling you now, leave.’ Shreyas demanded.

Shubman took a deep breath and pushed Shreyas away and barged into the apartment.

‘ WHAT THE FUCK, SHUBMAN GILL’ Shreyas screamed and tried to turn him around to punch him, only to be stopped by Ibrahim.

“ Don't you dare," Ibrahim said as he tightened his grip around Shreyas wrist.

‘ oh so you brought a bully along too huh. Fucking coward’ Shreyas yelled.

‘ Shrey!’ Everyone's attention turned to the bedroom.

Ishaan stood near the doorway looking furious.

‘ Ibrahim, please let go of Shreyas. Shrey, let me handle it,’ Ishaan said.

Both Ibrahim and Shreyas exchanged angry looks but decided to back off. Ishaan turned to look at Shubman. Another piece of his heart got chipped off as he saw Shubman, his face pale, lips trembling.

‘ I don't think that there is anything left to say’ Ishaan managed to say.

Shubman rubbed his face and let out a whimper. He walked slowly and stood in front of Ishaan.

‘ Babe, I don't know what came over me. I.. I didn't know what I was saying until it was too late. Please forgive me.’ Shubman whispered.

Ishaan turned away from Shubman, he couldn't bring himself to look at Shubman crying.

‘ you hurt me.’ Ishaan managed to say.

‘ I know, I'm sorry. I was delirious from the fever. I… ask Ibrahim, I.. I don't know what to say, ishu. I'm sorry,’ Shubman cried.

Ishaan felt crushed. He wanted to forgive Shubman, but at the same time, all he could think of was the anger in his eyes when he said those words. How he didn't hesitate even once, how those words didn't burn his throat like poison. Ishaan refused to give an answer, he refused to look at Shubman.

‘ Ishu..!’ Shubman pleaded as he fell to his knees.

Ishaan closed his eyes and winced as he heard Shubman cry. Shubman wrapped his arms around Ishaan's waist and pressed his face against his stomach. The hot tears sent goosebumps across Ishaan's body.

‘ Please forgive me, Ishaan. Give me one more chance.’

Ishaan stood helplessly as Shubman's grip around him tightened. Shubman's fever made his touch feel like hot coal against Ishaan's skin.

‘ Babe, I can't sleep at night without you. I.. I can't, I.. I can't eat without you. When you aren't there with me, it feels as though time has stopped. Babe…babe. I know.. I know that… I know that I have flaws…but I promise. I promise to …. I promise to be better. I will be a better boyfriend,’ Shubman sobbed.

Ishaan covered his face and burst into tears. He couldn't do this to Shubman. He couldn't hurt his Jaan-e-Jann, his soul of life.

‘ Ishaan, I love you. I really do. Please don't cry,’ he pleaded, looking up at Ishaan.

Ishaan took a deep breath and tried to calm himself down. He went down on his knees and held Shubman's face.

‘Stop crying. Look at what you have done to yourself, don't you feel bad for me?’ Ishaan tried to pacify Shubman.

‘ Ishu!’ Shubman threw himself into Ishaan's arms and hugged him tightly.

Ishaan rubbed Shubman's back and calmed him down.

‘ Let's go home. You need to rest.’ Ishaan said and got up.

Shreyas and Ibrahim walked back in as they prepared to leave.

‘ Wait Ishaan, you can't be serious. You can't go back with that man!’ Shreyas asked, grabbing Ishaan's arm and he put on his shirt.

Ishaan turned to face him.

‘ I can't hurt him, Shreyas, I just can't. Did you see him? How he was crying. He's having such a high fever and yet he came here to ask for forgiveness.’ Ishaan tried to reason.

‘ I saw you cry! I saw how you held your shirt and wept  saying he hurt you’ Shreyas sounded angry.

Ishaan didn't say anything and collected his things from the room.

‘ You are being stupid, Ishaan!’ Shreyas said after a while.

Ishaan smiled and nodded.

Hum samajhdar bhi itne hain ki,
unka jhooth pakad lete hai.
aur unke deewane bhi itne hain ki,
fir bhi yakeen kar lete hai..’

"I am smart enough to catch his lies, but smitten enough to believe them anyway”