September 22

September 15th

POV: Shubman Gill.

‘Sir, you need to sleep now, Abrar will come early in the morning.’ Ibrahim said entering the room.

Shubman yawned and kept the phone beside him.

‘ Here I got you a new bottle of water’ Ibrahim said sitting beside him.

Shubman took the bottle and stared at it. For the past couple of days, he has only been drinking water which Abrar had recited over. The first two days, he had severe stomach pain with vomiting. Eventually, he started to recover. He was able to eat, he gained strength to some extent. Though his body still ached, and he got fever on and off, with recurring nightmares, Shubman was grateful that he was showing signs of recovery.

‘ Is dada and mamma gone?’ Shubman asked.

Ibrahim nodded.

‘ Simran Di?’

‘ She went to drop them off, she will come back soon’

Shubman laid in bed and pulled the sheets up to his chin.

‘ Did you enjoy talking to your friends?’ Ibrahim asked.

Shubman nodded and smiled a little.

‘ I’m sorry about taking your phone away..’ Ibrahim hesitantly said.

‘ It's okay, I understand…I …I'm sorry about dada saying mean things at you…it's just that….he doesn't believe in such things. The only reason why he's going through with this is…it's because Mahi Bhai talked to him, and….he doesn't see any other way either’

Ibrahim smiled and nodded.

‘ It's okay, I understand his frustration’

‘ Ibrahim…’ Shubman softly called out as Ibrahim got up to leave.

Ibrahim turned to look at him.

‘ Yeh, hijr ki raat kab khatm hoga? When will this night of separation come to an end?’ his lips trembled as he said it.

Ibrahim felt a tug on his heart. Shubman must have gone through Ishaan's photos again.

‘ Sir…why don't you focus on recovery first. Once you recover you can talk to him about everything’

‘ Why doesn't he miss me?’ he sniffled.

‘ I'm sure he does’

Shubman pulled the sheet over his head.

Ibrahim felt helpless, no matter how much he wanted to help, there was nothing he could do. Simran tried to call Ishaan, but he was still hurting about everything that he saw.

‘ Sir…please don't cry. We…we will do something’

Shubman pulled the sheet back down and wiped his tears.

‘ Will you…will you take me to meet him?’

Ibrahim nodded.

‘ okay ..I will…I will recover first, I don't want Ishu to see me like this. He will get hurt’ Shubman sounded determined.

Ibrahim watched him as he adjusted himself in bed. There was still bruises all over him. Dark circles ruined the beauty of his eyes.

‘ Can you and Simran Di sleep in this room?’ Shubman asked.

‘ Simran will…I will be outside’

‘ No..you can too’  Shubman pouted.

‘ Uh ..I can be here’ Ibrahim laughed.