DAY FIVE (PART 1)

POV: Ishaan Kishan.

‘ Shubhi…’ he hesitantly called out as they entered the apartment.

Shubman halted and turned to face him. He was seething in rage. He was utterly confused at what he saw just now. How can Ishaan hide things from him, how can he not protest when someone else was kissing him.

‘ What the hell was that Ishaan?’ he finally asked.

‘ babe… I…’ Ishaan tried to answer him.

‘ No, don't call me babe! When were you gonna tell me about Aditi?’ Shubman yelled, as he took off his blazer and threw it across the room.

Ishaan watched as Shubman paced around, breathing heavily, with his hands on his hips.

‘ I swear Shubhi, it slipped from my mind. I was going to tell you.. but you started fighting with me…’ Ishaan tried to explain.

‘ Oh, so it's my fault now?!’ Shubman went towards Ishaan.

‘ You had so many fucking days, and it didn't occur to you to bring it up? Is it because you had something to hide from me?’ He stood inches from Ishaan's face.

Ishaan clenched his jaws, Shubman wasn't giving him a chance to explain himself and was instead accusing him.

‘Ankh mat dikhayo mujhe,  don't give me that look’

Shubman, shocked, backed away from Ishaan.

‘ I would have told you about her, if you had let me. You ignored all my texts, didn't you?’ Ishaan said through his teeth.

‘ and after that you had that nightmare, and honestly I didn't think it would be right to bring it up’

Shubman scoffed at his explanation.

‘ That's your excuse?’

‘ It's not an excuse, it's what happened. I don't need to hide anything from you.’ Ishaan said, folding his arms on his chest.

Shubman took a deep breath.

‘ Why is she here Ishaan? And why is she touching you?’ he asked.

‘ She shifted here for her studies. She wants to work in the fashion industry, so I thought I would show her around’

‘ plus her parents made me promise to take care of her’

‘ How convenient, but why the touching??? Shubman interrupted.

‘ I don't know Shubman, she's my childhood friend… she's always been like that I guess.’ Ishaan mumbled.

He was getting a headache. He tried to walk towards the kitchen, but Shubman blocked his way.

‘ And your best friend, Shreyas? Has he always gone around kissing other people's boyfriends?’ Shubman asked sarcastically.

‘ According to him, and according to the world, I'm single’ there was a hint of sadness in his answer.

Shubman avoided his eyes.

‘ Why is he kissing you, even if you are single?’ he mumbled.

‘ He doesn't know when the joke stops being funny. He feels most comfortable with me, so he did that'

‘ But why on the lips???’ Shubman almost whined.

‘ He's bisexual, Shubman," Ishaan told him.

Shubman was taken back.

‘ Maybe you would have known that, if you had been remotely interested in my life,' Ishaan breathed.

He walked past Shubman and grabbed a bottle of water.

‘ What…what are you trying to say?’ Shubman stuttered.

Ishaan shook his head and turned his back to Shubman. He didn't want Shubman to see him cry.

‘ let it be’ he said in a shaky voice.

‘No, tell me. What the hell are you trying to say!’ Shubman banged his hands on the table and demanded an answer.

‘ it means that you take little to no interest in my life. It's always been about you…’ he was screaming through tears.

Shubman gasped in fear and backed away. Ishaan's face was crimson, veins bulging in his neck as he spit out the venomous truth.

‘ I have been nothing but a shadow in your life…. A shameful secret that you keep hidden behind the glamorous curtains of your life’ Ishaan continued.

‘ It's the same for you, isn't it?! I'm a fucking secret for you too!’

‘ Shubman… meri jaan! If you had told me, just once… just once, that you want our relationship to be public, I would fight the entire world! But you aren't even trying!’ Ishaan cried out.

Shubman stood still for a moment. He bit his lower lip, till he tasted blood.

‘ I..  I cannot let my life be ruined. And you know that perfectly well’ he whispered.

‘ See that's the difference between us Shubman, I am willing to let everything get ruined, but you won't even try’ Ishaan laughed through his tears.

Both of them stood silently, stealing glances at each other, waiting for the other person to say something.

dil keh raha use maqammal kar bhi aao
wo jo adhoori si baat baaki hai’
‘the heart says go complete,
that talk that remains still incomplete,

‘ Where are you going?’ Shubman asked as Ishaan walked towards the door.

Ishaan didn't turn back, his silence gave Shubman the answer.

‘ I don't want you to meet Shreyas anymore.’ Shubman demanded.

‘ Will you stop meeting Saara?’ Ishaan turned around.

Shubman clenched his jaws and lowered his gaze.

‘ Then don't tell me how to live my life’ Ishaan said as he fought back tears.