November 11 ( Part Three)

POV: Shubman Gill

‘ How can you agree with this madness?’

Shubman’s mother questioned her husband. Both of them stood in the kitchen, waiting for Ibrahim to arrange the security before they left.

‘ I…I didn't have a choice..’

He leaned against the counter and thought back to how Shubman had kneeled in front of him, begging him for permission.

“ you…you didn't have a choice?! You could have said no!’

She paced around him, nervously playing with the rings on her hands.

‘ Didn't it ever occur to you that Mayank could hurt him?’

‘ I won't let him…I'm going with him, aren't I?’

She paused for a minute and looked at him. She wanted to scream and hit him for giving permission to Shubman.

‘ Why…why did you agree? Why didn't you discuss it with me?’ she cried out.

Shubman's father gently took her hands and brought her closer to him.

‘ He…he was on his knees begging for …for a chance to make things right with this boy..I..I couldn't say no’

She gripped his hands tighter and rested her head against his chest.

‘ I..I almost died giving birth to him, if anything happens to him….I..I will die…I will never forgive you’

He stared into her beautiful eyes and his heart broke. He thought back to the day when Shubman was born, and how he had tried to make so many deals with God, for his son and wife to be saved. If anything happens to Shubman or his wife, he would lose his mind.

‘ Please don't say that, I …I won't be able to live without you…or without Shubman. I will protect him, or die trying’

‘ No…I want both my boys to come back home safely’ her voice trembled as she hugged him.

Shubman and Simran listened to their conversation from near  the bedroom door.

‘ Mom…mom almost died?’ Shubman cried.

Simran hugged him and tried to calm him down.

‘ Why…why is everyone around me getting hurt?’

‘ It's not like that baby… mom had a high risk pregnancy, and during birth she lost a lot of blood and it got complicated. It wasn't …it wasn't your fault, it wasn't anyone fault ….don't say such things’

‘ Sir …we need to go’ Ibrahim's voice brought everyone back to reality.

Shubman hugged his mother and gave a kiss to Simran before he exited the apartment. Simran and Ibrahim exchanged a few glances before he left after Shubman. Both Simran and her mother stood holding each other, staring at the closed door, hoping and praying that they would come back safely.

POV: Mayank Markande

Mayank was struggling to wake up from a dream. He thrashed around in the bed he was in. His limbs felt numb and restless. He couldn't breathe properly, it hurt him to expand his chest.

‘ Wake up…wake up..’

He gripped the sheets and groaned. There was something heavy on his chest. With every passing second he felt as though his chest was caving in. Mayank was drenched in sweat even though the coldness of the room was making his nails and lips blue.

‘ Mayank…’ someone called out to him.

He knows that voice, he has heard that voice before.  The voice sent shivers of fear down his spine. He felt a hand go up his thighs, across his stomach and press against his chest.