November 10 ( Part Two)

POV: Shubman Gill

‘ Welcome home, Shubman sir,’ Ibrahim said as Shubman entered the apartment.

Shubman smiled and tried to go for a hug when he realized that Ibrahim was curiously looking over his shoulder.

‘ Dada took her home, she will try to come in the evening’

‘Oh..’ Ibrahim looked down in disappointment.

‘ I missed you too Ibrahim’ Shubman said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

‘ I ..uh…’ Ibrahim felt flustered.

Shubman smiled and gave him a tight hug.

‘ I hated the new men by the way. They all suck. You should fire them’

Ibrahim shook his head and helped Shubman with the luggage.

‘ How was it in Punjab?’

‘It was alright, dada made me practice everyday. It was nice seeing the cousins too, but I missed being here’

Shubman stretched and jumped into the bed and inhaled the smell of the new sheets.

‘ Did uh….did she have a good time?’

‘ She had fun, went out with her friends ... .oh and her childhood crush came back from the US and dada and mamma were thinking of meeting his family.’

Shubman peeked at Ibrahim, who's shoulder dropped as he looked down at the floor. He clenched his jaws and blinked several times before he took a deep breath and went back to his military self.

‘ Have you taken a look at your schedule?’

Shubman made a face at him.

‘That's your question?’

Ibrahim had a stoic look on his face. A blank look in his eyes.

‘ Yes’

Shubman cleared his throat and nodded. He was back to his old schedule but tonight he was free.

‘ Get some rest then, I will see you tomorrow.’

Shubman sat up panicked.

‘ Wait, you are going? I don't…I don't want to be alone.. please stay?’ he pouted.

‘ Just till your sister comes’ he quietly said and exited the room.

Shubman sat on the sofa, a blanket wrapped around his shoulder, eating a bowl of ice cream.

‘ Kaka!’ Simran's voice rang through the house before she appeared in the living room.

‘ Why are you eating ice cream right before dinner?!’ Simran looked annoyed.

‘ Now you are going to say that you feel too full to….’

Simran stopped halfway as her gaze fell on Ibrahim, who stood quietly in the kitchen.

‘Hi…’ she said breathlessly, her face turning crimson.

‘ Good evening, Simran madam’

Simran's body stiffened as she felt a wave of heat pass through her.

‘Ibrahim…why..why are you talking like that?’ she asked in a trembling voice.

She thought that Ibrahim would welcome her back with a smile, if not a hug at least a handshake. But he was acting completely different.

‘ This is how I am supposed to talk’ he said quietly and tried to get past her to leave.

Simran quickly emptied her hands of the things she was holding and grabbed the hem of his shirt.