DAY SEVEN ( Part Two)

POV: Ishaan Kishan.

Ishaan drove up to the farmhouse and saw Shubman's car nearby. He smiled for the first time since he heard the news.

‘ Shubman's home’ he said grinning.

Simran wiped her tears.

‘ I'm gonna murder him. What does he think of himself’

Ishaan laughed and patted her hand. All of them, eagerly waiting to meet Shubman. 

Ishaan ran through the doors followed by the other two.

‘ SHUBHI!’ he called out.

Ishaan took Shubman's hoodie from the sofa and pressed it to his nose. He would never get enough Shubman's scent. He ran towards the room. Simran who got a phone call from their parents stayed back with Ibrahim who scanned the house.

‘ Meri Jaan-e-jahan, we were so…..’ Ishaan trailed off as saw what was hidden behind the closed door.

Ishaan felt as though someone knocked the breath out of his lungs. His heart sank to the pit which formed in his stomach. He blinked rapidly and hoped that this was an illusion. But nothing changed. Shubman was still in bed with another man. It took him a while but he recognized the tattooed arm that was wrapped around Shubman's waist.

Ishaan barged towards the bed as he saw Shubman snuggling deep into Tilak's arm. Ishaan felt pure rage. He grabbed Tilak's hair and pulled him off the bed.

‘ WHAT THE FUCK???’ Tilak screamed as Ishaan dragged him across the floor.

Ishaan didn't know where he got the strength, all he knew was, he wanted to hurt Tilak. Hurt him for touching Shubman. For putting his arms around Shubman. For holding his face, for kissing Shubman's lips.

The commotion made Ibrahim and Simran run towards the room. By that time, Ishaan was already on top of Tilak, pinning him down.

‘ HOW. FUCKING. DARE. YOU.’ Ishaan screamed as he continued to punch Tilak in the face.

Ishaan felt his knuckles collide with Tilak's bone. He could feel the bones crack under his strength. He kept punching him until he felt warm blood stain his knuckles. Ibrahim tried to pull Ishaan off tilak, but Ishaan kept shoving him off.

‘ ISHAAAN, WHO IS THAT? WHERE'S SHUBMAN?!’ Simran's scream brought him back to reality.

Ishaan got up and ran towards the room before Simran could enter. Ibrahim wanted to go after him, but he needed to make sure Tilak would survive.

‘ISHAAN NO!’ he could hear Simran scream bang on the door.

Ishaan saw Shubman standing at the edge of the bed, trembling in fear. Ishaan's heart ached in fear and rage as he went towards Shubman. More than rage, Ishaan felt sorrow.

Shubman backed away into a corner of the room as he saw Ishaan move towards him. Each thud on the door made his heart beat faster.

‘ Ishu..’ he cried out.

‘ DONT.’ Ishaan said as he went and stood in he's from Shubman.

‘ Why did you …why did you do it?’ Ishaan asked.

‘Ishaan…I…i don't know what came over me…Ishaan I swear’ Shubman cried out.

‘ You didn't know??! You….you didn't know?! You fucked Tilak! WHY?!’ Ishaan screamed.

Shubman flinched and shut his eyes tightly. He didn't know how to tell Ishaan what happened. Even he couldn't believe what had happened last night.

‘ Look….look at me when I am talking to you!’ Ishaan held Shubman's face and turned him towards him.

Shubman felt nauseated as he smelled the blood on Ishaan's hands.

‘ Why did you do it? Was it out of spite?! Was this revenge against me, because I left? Because Shreyas kissed me?’ Ishaan asked him.

‘ No, No…Ishaan I swear. I didn't know what was happening to me. It felt as though something had overtaken me,’ Shubman pleaded.

Ishaan scoffed and bit his lower lip.

‘ I love you so much, Shubman Gill. What didn't I do for you? THEN WHY ARE YOU HURTING ME LIKE THIS?’ Ishaan screamed  as he tightened his grip around Shubman's face.

‘ I told…I told Shreyas that I will love you to the point of humiliation, and here it is’ Ishaan smiled sadly.

‘ YOU FUCKING HUMILIATED ME’ Ishaan punched the wall with trembling hands and backed away.

Shubman flinched and lowered himself to the ground. He cried and wailed as Ishaan started walking away.

‘ Ishaan, please no. Don't leave me. I didn't do it!’ Shubman cried and grabbed onto Ishaan's arm.

The banging got louder as Ibrahim tried to break down the door. Ishaan didn't want to stay in the room anymore. He didn't want to look at Shubman, he didn't want to hear his voice. Ishaan's heart ached more and more each second. With all his might he pulled his arms and walked away. He could feel the pieces of their relationship shatter under his feet.

‘ No, no, no, no!’ Shubman cried out and tried to crawl towards Ishaan but stopped as he saw Ishaan pause near the door.

‘ You used to say that loving me was your form of devotion. Aaj Tum kaafir hogaye, Shubman’

Shubman's breath caught up in his throat, Ishaan's words ringing in his ears. He felt his soul getting ripped apart from his body.

kisi say juda hona agar asan hota faraz
tu jism say rooh ko lenay kabhi farishtay nahi aaty’

Ishaan took off their anniversary ring and threw it at Shubman. It collided against Shubman's chest and fell onto the floor.

‘ I…I hope you lose your way back to me’ Ishaan's voice trembled as he said it.

POV: Shubman Gill.

Shubman stared at the silver ring on the floor. Part of it was covered in blood. He looked up at Ishaan, eyes wide. This wasn't happening to him.

‘ ‘ I…I hope you lose your way back to me’ Ishaan's trembling voice sent shivers across Shubman's body.

As the door finally opened, Ibrahim and Simran watched as Ishaan ran out of the room trying to wipe his tears. He didn't stop to explain anything, he didn't even spare a glance. They quickly went into the room and saw Shubman on his knees, bending towards the floor, trying to take something.

Shubman took the ring with trembling fingers, clutched it to his chest and let out a blood curdling scream. His scream sent waves of fear across Ibrahim's and Simran's heart. Simran ran towards Shubman and embraced him in her arms.

Shubman was wailing and screaming at the top of his lungs. He pointed towards the door and screamed for Ishaan to come back. He pushed Simran's arm away and bent towards the floor, begging Ishaan to come back.

His painful cries, made even a man like Ibrahim tear up. Ibrahim went towards him and tried to pick him up from the floor. But Shubman pushed him away, and continued to lie on the floor and weep. Weep for his lost love.

Shubman stumbled out of the room and tried to run after Ishaan with any strength he had left. Ibrahim and Simran tried to stop him, but he kept pushing them away.
He ran down the stairs, and collapsed near the doorway when he saw that Ishaan had already left.

‘ I want Ishaan. Please, please.’ Shubman begged them with folded hands.

Simran held his hands and cried. Ibrahim kept looking away, he couldn't bear seeing Shubman like this.