PROLOGUE

━━ love and death

━━ love and death. (2024)
edward cullen x fem!oc
prologue

I stood there hopelessly as I watched Felix hold Edward by just his head, threatening to remove it completely from his body in a blink of an eye. Everyone was standing around watching me and waiting for me to make a decision but the one thing I could only focus on right now was how oblivious i've been to my feelings towards Edward.

Our time apart has wounded me and buried beneath all my fear of physical touch I wanted to be close to him again. He was like a shield to all the pain I've ever endorsed or could come across, including the Volturi. But they had him at Aro's mercy and now he depended on my next choice of action.

I loved him. I love him.

"Aspen, no! Don't!" Edward's eyes pleaded with mine as barely made any risk to move under Felix's grasp.

Aro's tongue clicked and he started pacing before me in front of his own throne. "Aspen." My eyes flickered towards the Volturi leader silently and his red eyes burned into my skull as he made a promise. "Show me — or I will kill him."

I had no other choice, no other way of getting us out of this mess. Not while being a fragile human girl who could die either instantly or very slow and painfully.

Alice was bound as well and held captive by Alec over in the other corner of the room. Everyone was on edge and the last thing I wanted to do was make the wrong move, I had to obey.

I looked towards Edward again and couldn't help but send him an apologetic smile before darting my eyes up at Felix, now fueled by hatred. He was going to kill the man that I loved and I wouldn't allow it to happen. If they wanted a show then I'll give them one.

I reached to that far special place in the back of my mind and grasped onto the string that was holding my inhuman like ability and tugged on it hard.

Felix, by an invisible strong force, flew backwards like something had shoved him hard and his body collided into the nearest wall with a loud crack. If he was human he for sure would've been dead, but his vampire strength kept him pieced together unlike the wall behind him that had several large cracks formed around a hole where he collided with.

Aro let out a loud manic kind of laughter like he was impressed with my capability, but Felix didn't hesitate to get up after his fall and in a blink of an eye was at my side.

He pulled me off my feet while holding a firm grip on my neck. I couldn't breathe, I didn't have a chance to register what my punishment would've been if I provoked one of the Volturi.

I could hear Edward struggling against two other members of the Volturi and it felt like my throat was being crushed underneath Felix's palm.

"Felix." Aro called out to him, impatiently. But he still didn't loosen his grip around my neck.

The leader exhaled and called out to another member of the Volturi. "Jane."

I was probably 30 seconds away from falling limp from lack of air and a broken neck until Felix suddenly dropped me to the ground. I couldn't care less about the harsh impact of my body hitting the ground but held onto my throat instead as I coughed hard enough to wheeze.

I glanced up and saw how Felix was nearly frozen in his stance with his jaw tightening so hard, I was actually afraid he would break his teeth. The next second later he was released of whatever hold Jane had on him and had him kneeling on the ground trying to regain control of himself.

Edward was then suddenly at my side, pulling me close into his arms while stroking my hair. His eyes scanned heavily around my neck and I didn't have to ask to know there was going to be a bruise for a long time.

In the span of 4 minutes, nothing was spoken but a lot was said as Aro stared at me curiously with a glimmer of malice tugging at his lips.

I might've just written my own death wish.