two

━━ love and death. (2024)
edward cullen x fem!oc
chapter two

The next day was my brothers first day at school. It was the middle of January and it was his final year before he was going to graduate. But finishing off his senior year in an entirely different school was not his ideal choice.

We rode together in his new truck and I spent the morning showing him around while making sure he got to his classes. But I firmly stated after today he had to start finding his own way, except for lunch — I felt guilty about keeping my friends from him when he didn't know anyone. So I made a promise he could sit with us whenever he liked, but I would make no apology for how they acted around him.

The cafeteria was packed as always with loud chatter coming from almost every table in the room.

I helped my brother fix his tray with food before leading him towards the round table that my friends were currently occupying for us.

Amanda and Sunny, my two closest friends, saved me a seat at the table but my left side was accompanied by Jessica Stanley. We weren't exactly the closest but we shared similar friends, including Angela Weber — who I definitely liked more than her.

"Everyone," I announced casually. "This is my brother Beau, Beau this is everyone." I didn't wait for introductions as I took my spot and pointed towards the empty chair next to Angela for my brother.

"Wow, you both look so much alike." Sunny raised her eyebrows just as my brother and I gave each other a silent glance.

"Is it weird to have a senior sitting with us?" Amanda asked. "Because I might get used to it if it means everyone starts taking us more seriously."

"Or it'll ruin my reputation by sitting with a group of kids." Beau responded.

There was a short pause at the table before everyone began laughing at his weak joke. I was too busy stirring my ketchup around with my french fry to care.

Angela leaned her chin into the palm of her hand. "What do you think so far about Forks?"

My brother started poking at his salad with a small shrug. "Not my ideal place to live but my first two classes weren't so bad."

Jessica suddenly became interested as she leaned further into the table to look at him. "Who did you get? I heard Ms. Welch for English was kind of a bi—"

"What's up everybody!"

I titled my head up from my food and nearly groaned as Mike threw himself down into the chair beside my brother. He casually swung his arm around his shoulders then held out his hand to shake. "I'm Mike Newton, you must be the new kid Beau."

"I told you the other day my brother was coming." I raised my eyebrow at him, calling him out on his fake behavior to be viewed as cool.

Mike rubbed the back of his neck and laughed awkwardly. "Ah, yeah. Must've forgotten."

"Has anyone seen Eric?" Angela asked. "He promised to help me with the school paper. He wanted to interview Beau, it's rare we get new students."

My brother awkwardly shifted in his chair and dropped his fork on the tray. "Uh — actually I'd appreciate it if I wasn't interviewed for the paper. It's not really my thing — "