eleven

━━ love and death. (2024)
edward cullen x fem!oc
chapter eleven

The next day at school was probably the first day in months that the sun finally decided to come out even during the cold days. It was barely sixty outside and almost everyone was wearing shorts and tank-tops to show off skin.

I was sitting at the picnic table with my brother and Jessica — who was currently sunbathing. Apparently with my brother not being on speaking terms with Edythe at the moment, I was now his partner and helping him study for his upcoming test in chemistry.

"Maybe I should just make up with her," he finally spoke out of frustration while forcefully closing his notebook.

"Why did you guys stop being friends in the first place?"

I watched him slouch into his seat and lean his chin into the palm of his hand. "Long story."

His lack of communication was his one flaw and every now and then I wanted to strangle him for it. I curiously started watching my brother as he continuously looked around the courtyard then back towards the parking lot.

"She's not here," I gently kicked his thigh with the tip of my shoe. "They're never here when it's days like this."

"They just ditch?"

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank 'em out for hiking and camping and stuff." Jessica chimed in without turning away from the sun. "I tried the idea out on my parents. Not even close."

A loud squeal had me spinning around in my spot on the bench as Angela came herderling towards us with her bag flinging around nearly smacking people. "You guys! He said yes! He did!"

I smiled at her and watched as she plopped down on the opposite side of the table in front of me. "I took control and asked him! Just like you said!"

"I'm proud of you," I admitted with a pleased smile.

She sighed happily and placed her bag down on top of the table. "You have to come with us Pen, I need your help on picking a dress."

Beau sighed and started collecting his things. "Okay, I'll be going now." I shook my head at him silently, watching him walk back towards the school."

"Oh my God, we need to hit the stores in Port Angeles before all the good dresses get cleaned out." Jessica fixed her top to show more cleavage towards the sun. For most of the day I ignored her — still bitter over her attitude at the beach.

"Pen, please?"

I looked back at Angela and immediately rolled my eyes when I saw she was giving me those adorable puppy-dog eyes that she usually does when trying to get her way. I shook my head and managed to laugh, "alright fine, I'll go."

At the boutique I situated myself on the window sill while the girls came back and forth to the large mirror in the room while swapping out dresses. I dug inside my bag and pulled out a small piece of paper written by Embry to check out a bookstore called "Thunderbird and Whale BookStore."

He told me if I was truly that curious to know more about the stories and legend then I would find what I was looking for at that store. His comment was vague and a little stand-off-ish like he had more that he wanted to tell me but couldn't explain.

Jessica ran out of the dressing room first with an odd colored pink dress that fell down to her ankles and a cut going straight down her cleavage to show off her boobs.

I quickly looked away as I tried to hide my lack of interest until Angela came out next with a pleased smile on her face. "Pen! What do you think?"

I took a chance to admire her purple silk dress that had a few silver beads going across the chest area. It was simple but elegant for Angela's style — it fit her personality where she remained more quiet and reserved but once you get to know her she was full of joy and admiration.