Chapter 1

𝗔𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 :

Why is it Monday already?!

Yes, I am very grumpy today. In fact, I'm grumpy all the time.

I'm not a morning person, but I do like to wake up to my mom's voice.

Plus, it's not like I'll ever find someone to wake me up in the morning.

No one pays attention to me, and that's exactly how I like it. The less attention I bring to myself, the better.

...

"Awe! Aren't you a cute little rat. I'm gonna take care of you for the rest of my life."

The rat looks up to me and opens its mouth.

"Sweetie, wake up."

"Huh? You can talk?"

"Sweetie, wake up. Sleepy time is over."

"What the fuck is happening?!"

The rat begins lightly slapping my cheeks.

"When the fuck did you grow hands? Aren't rats supposed to not have arms?"

The rat started shaking me.

...

I wake up and groan. It was a damn dream. If it was real life, that would have been creepy as fuck.

"Mom. I don't wanna go." I whined.

"Sweetie, you have to go. What will you do the whole day?" she asked.

"Watch social media." I shrugged.

"You don't use social media. Honestly, you should just delete them off your phone. I'm 23 years older than you, and I still follow the latest trends." she shook her head.

"I hate social media. Always have, and I always will."

"Anyways dear, take a shower. Get dressed, and come have breakfast."

"Alright, mum. I'll be right there in 15 minutes."

As soon as she left. I rolled out of bed on my knees and crawled like a dog. I stood up.

I'm not skinny nor fat. I'm perfect. Even if I was skinny or fat, I would still be perfect. #bodypositivity.

Anyway, I admired myself for 30 seconds. My perfect hourglass body. Long legs that seem to never end, and my gorgeous face.

If there's no one to compliment me, then I might as well do it myself.

"You're so beautiful, Aurora. Guys are fucking stupid."

I gave myself a little pep talk and then smiled. My dimples showing on both sides of my cheek.