Chapter 25

𝗘𝗻𝘇𝗼'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 :

Why wasn't Aurora answering her phone?

I usually call her before I pick her up.

I called her home phone.

"Hello, with whom am I speaking?" her mom answered.

"This is Enzo. I usually call Aurora before I pick her up, but she's not answering."

"She's not coming to school today."

"May I ask why? If I'm not overstepping."

"She's not feeling well. I can't tell you why. If you want answers, ask Aurora. It's her story to tell, not mine."

"Alright. Thank you. Have a good day, Mrs. Garcia."

"Bye-bye."

She hung up.

I hope she's alright. I don't want to overstep too much.

I'm kinda worried. She's never missed school before. At least, not to my knowledge.

I've spoken with my friends about her, and they've all told me that she's quite a nerd.

They've never seen her go to any parties, and they've never seen her skip class or school.

But I don't really trust my friends' words sometimes. They don't really pay attention to their surroundings.

I would ask her tomorrow. But, if she doesn't want to talk about it, I won't push it.

She needs her privacy. Plus, we barely know each other, so I don't expect her to tell me anything and everything.

...

I walked alone to school. It felt weird because Aurora and I would always talk, laugh, and listen to music.

Walking alone brought me back to the times when I would drive to school alone. I would always Susanna a ride, but she'd always decline.

She would make up a bunch of excuses. Sometimes, I thought she just didn't love me.

But every time that thought crossed my mind, it disappeared.

...

As soon as I entered the school, everyone turned.

They were expecting the duo, Aurora and I. But, they only saw me.

It felt strange not having Aurora hide behind me. I shrugged it off.