Chapter 27

𝗔𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 :

"I bet Enzo doesn't even like you. You're just a fucking backup plan. Huh?! Tell me the truth! Does he fucking like you, or does he just fuck you?!"

I winced. As I said before, I hate being yelled at. I don't cry, but I just don't like it.

I stayed silent. I just stared down at her.

She sounds ridiculous, but she isn't wrong. I am a backup plan, but I don't fuck around with Enzo.

I'm saving myself for marriage, and I won't let any high-school boy ruin that for me.

"What?! So you're not gonna speak now?! You've gone mute now, bitch?!"

I took a deep breathe and exhaled. Keep calm.

Keep calm.

"Your accusations are ridiculous. These things don't happen in the 21st century, Susanna." I said in my most calmest voice.

I knew that pissed her off. Susanna is a hot-headed person. She wants her anger matched, but I won't give her that satisfaction.

I won't let her know that I'm sizzling from everything. That half of what she said was true.

I'll always just be a backup plan.

I was a backup plan for Enzo.

I was a backup plan for my sister. We were twins, so if one of us died, there would always be an identical copy. And I was that identical copy.

It sucks to always be a backup and not an original.

But one day, I will be an original. I will make sure of it. I will be capable of finding real love.

This fake dating thing is just for the present. In the future, more awaits me.

"Whatever! We'll see when he dumps your ass for me." she spat out.

She turned around and left.

Yea, we'll see. It'll happen anytime soon. He'll leave just like my sister, and just like all my friends.

My parents are getting old too. Everyone just leaves me.

It's like I repel people away from me.