Chapter 22

𝗘𝗻𝘇𝗼'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 :

During the 2 hours that we spent at the field, we taught each other winning tricks.

It was like a form of bartering. She shared some of her football knowledge, and I did the same.

This was a new experience for me. Susanna knew nothing about football, only that we were all hot and could play to make money.

She never came to support me at any of my games or practices.

She once said: "What's the point in coming to your games when I know you'll win. Plus, you'll get into the NFL."

That hurt me. It wasn't supposed to, but it did.

...

We were supposed to be walking to her house.

"You look like you wanna ask me something." I said.

"Yea, do I have to go to any of them high school parties? Not the celebratory ones, the ones with sweaty, drunk, and horny teens."

"No. I don't like parties."

"Let me guess. Susanna drags you to them."

"How'd you know?"

"I was friends with her once. Let me tell you, she was the fucking worse. She believed some lies, and it broke our whole friendship. That's why she started picking on me."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"No. We don't really know each other, and I don't want a replay of what happened in primary school. I was too trusting, and it fucking broke me."

"Aurora, did you attempt suicide?" I paused and stared at her.

She had tears in her eyes. She wasn't expecting me to ask that.

A tear slipped down her cheek. That was enough confirmation for me.

I wanted to wipe it off. Woah! Where'd Where'd come from?

"How old?" I quietly asked.

"Can we please go. I don't wanna talk about anything." she raised her voice.

She started walking ahead of me. Wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

I took that as my cue to stop asking questions. It wasn't my place to ask, and she wasn't obliged to answer them.

I just barged into her life just like that. I shouldn't expect anything more than this. I don't want to make her feel like I just want to get information out of her because that's not what I want.

I would actually like to be genuine friends with her, only is she wants.