Chapter 21

𝗔𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 :

"How the fuck did you get yourself into this situation?" Olivia asked.

"It's just a deal. I've told you like 10 times already." I grunted.

"It's not like I'll fall in love or something." I laughed.

"But what if you do?"

"I won't. We'll just do the project. Play some football, and learn a few things about each other."

"Alright, if you say so."

"Now, may I go, your highness." I bowed.

"You may, servant."

We both laughed.

I rushed outside to meet Enzo.

"Sorry for being late. Olivia didn't want to stop talking."

"That's cool. Are you ready now?"

"I'm always ready for practice."

...

We walked to the football field.

As soon as we set foot on the field, I took out my ball and set it. I took a few hits, but I missed each time. It was this fucking deal messing with my head.

"Not to be rude, but you're not supposed to kick like that. You could stump your toe." he commented.

"Yea, I know. Don't feel rude by criticising. I'm always open to the comments that can help me improve. Plus, this deal is fucking with my damn head."

"How so?"

"Enzo, don't act clueless. Imagine, one day, you're an unnoticed nobody, and the next day, you're dating the popular football captain."

"That would be my dream."

"That would be my nightmare. I've tried for so many years to keep a low profile, but now I fucked it up."

"You could've rejected my offer."

"Yea, I could've, but there's something pulling me towards you. It's like the universe's way of telling me something. I feel like if I rejected this, then I would've rejected a golden opportunity. I don't know where all this came from."

"Why did you choose me of all people? There would be so many girls willing to date you." I asked.

"You're right. But as you said, something pulled me towards you. It felt natural to ask you even though I know nothing about you."

"I guess we have something in common." I shrugged and laughed.