Chapter 28

𝗘𝗻𝘇𝗼'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 :

I was waiting for Aurora when I saw Susanna approach her.

Susanna shouted at Aurora, but I didn't understand what she was saying.

Aurora was very calm. When she spoke, Susanna became even more pissed.

Then I heard Susanna shout something and walk away.

"Whatever! We'll see when he dumps your ass for me."

I came to understand what the situation was. Susanna was jealous.

This was a good sign. I was already getting under her skin. Our plan might work after all.

I was expecting Aurora to walk straight to me, but she stood there frozen and lost in her thoughts.

She turned around and her eyes widened when she saw me.

"Were you here all along?" she asked in a tiny voice.

"Yes. Our plan is working. She's jealous."

"Yea." she fake smiled.

I know a fake smile when I see one. Her smile didn't reach her eyes. Susanna always fake smiles when she's in front of everyone. She even does it when I'm around.

I do it sometimes when I'm uncomfortable, but no one notices my discomfort.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No." she answered quickly.

"Let's go to practice, and then we'll go to my place for the assignment." she added.

"Yea."

𝗔𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 :

Shit! Why did I answer him so quickly. He'll think something is wrong.

I felt jealous when he looked so happy. I shouldn't feel this way, I should feel happy because I'll get out of this deal quickly.

I need to remind myself that this is just a deal. In no circumstances will Enzo ever love me in that type of way.

I need to get my feelings in check.

It's probably my body reacting to his looks. It can't be anything serious.

We did our usual practice on the field, and then we walked home.