Chapter 29

𝗘𝗻𝘇𝗼'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 :

During our walk to the field, Aurora was a bit tense. However, as soon as her foot hit the ball, she was way more relaxed.

It seemed as if she was having a hard time with something, or she was uncomfortable. Football would clear her mind.

Football was her escape and her passion. It was also mine.

During these few days that we've spent together, I've picked up on some of her ways.

We were so similar, and we didn't even know it until now.

It was as if we were the same person, but as opposite genders.

I was excited to get to know Aurora better as friends.

Aurora is a cheerful person, but I have a feeling that something has happened in the past, and now it's haunting her.

I want to find out, but I dont want her to feel uncomfortable with me.

...

We were walking home, listening to music as usual.

"Ro, are you interested in coming to a party with me?" I asked.

I didn't want to go to the party, but it was one of my friend's.

"I'm not too fond of parties, but if you want to go, then we'll go."

"The thing is, I don't like parties as well, but it's one of my friend's."

"Don't be a people pleaser all the time, Zo. Sometimes, you need to do things for yourself. Sometimes, you need to prioritise yourself first."

She called me Zo. No one's called me Zo before. Susanna always calls me Enzy, and I fucking hate it.

"So, you're not gonna persuade me into going?"

"No, I'm not like Susanna. She doesn't persuade, she gaslight you into going. I always taught myself that if someone doesn't want to do something, don't force them."

"You're a wise woman."

"Thank you." she smiled shyly.

And with that, we walked home.

I was happy that I didn't have to go to Ryan's party.

I always hated parties. They only had alcohol, drunk kids, weed, and horney teens.

I would always try to convince Susanna not to drag me to the party, but she would only play like a victim and gaslight me into going.

Aurora has barely been with me for a few days, and I already have a lot of respect for her.

Although she is 17 years old, she's very responsible and also knows her limit.