Chapter 30

𝗔𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 :

I was still thinking about when Enzo called me Ro. It was like silk rolling of his tongue.

We were in the middle of the music assignment.

"You wanna go eat something, I'm hungry." I asked.

"Yea, let's go. I thought you'd never ask." he chuckled, and I did the same.

...

"Hey, kiddos! Hungry?"

"Yea, mom." I said.

"There's some food on the table. Your dad and I are going on a date, so don't do anything naughty while we're gone." Mom squinted her eyes.

Our eyes widened.

"No! Mom, we won't do anything like that. You know I'm saving myself for marriage." I said confidently.

In my peripheral vision, Enzo looked at me and smiled.

What was he thinking in that gorgeous brain of his. Woah! Where'd that come from?

A few minutes later, my parents were out the door.

Enzo and I were still eating and making small talk.

"Your parents look so happy. Mind telling me their story?" He asked with admiration in his eyes.

"Sure."

"My parents had an almost similar story to ours. My dad was heartbroken with his ex-girlfriend cheating on him, and he wanted revenge. Both my parents were football captains also. My mom persuaded him that instead of faking something like that, they could actually try to date each other. My dad was so happy because my mom was a really beautiful and talented woman. Fast forward a few months later, at their graduation, my dad proposed to her."

"My mom's vow at their wedding was: 'At first, revenge clouded your mind. You could only think about her, but I helped you through everything. Through thick and thin. Through blood and sweat. And I'll do it again through kids and diapers. Jessica messed up, and now she's missing out on the best husband anyone could ask for. I'm so lucky that I was the one who fixed your heartbreak. And now, instead of thinking of Jessica, you're now thinking of Shamila. My dear, Vincent, I love you so much, and I'll always be there with you. If that means physically or morally. I love you, and I give you the key to access my whole heart as I stand here on this altar.' "

"How'd you memorise all that?"

"I wasn't born when they got married, but my mom would always tell me her vow. I got so accustomed to it that it's embedded into me. I've always dreamt that the love of my life would propose to me at graduation, and I'll say the same vow as my mom."

"That's a great story." he said in awe.