Chapter 23

𝗔𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 :

I immediately took a warm shower and changed into some oversized pj's.

I usually buy men's clothes because they are super comfy.

I don't have an actual boyfriend, so this'll have to do.

I know it wasn't Enzo's fault, but I couldn't help it. It brought back so many unwanted memories.

I ran to the calendar.

"No. No. No. No. No. No!"

I slid down my wall and started shouting and crying.

My parents barged in.

"What's wrong?" My dad yelled.

I started crying harder.

"Birth - day." I whispered.

My parents looked wide-eyed at each other.

They squeezed me into a hug. Letting me cry on their shoulders.

"We are here for you, darling." My mom was playing with my hair.

"But you aren't here for her." I whispered.

"We will visit her grave tomorrow. Take the day off." my dad said comfortingly.

"I want to go past this. But it haunts me." I choked out.

"We know, sweetheart." My mom tried to say strongly.

Both my parents try not to cry, but I know it hurts them, too. They are trying to stay strong for me.

They both hugged me and kissed my forehead. They whispered sweet things in my ears, trying to help me.

This has happened for 8 years now. But every year, it gets progressively worse.

I told my parents that I'll be fine for tonight. They said their good nights and gave me some hugs and forehead kisses before leaving.

I went into my bed and tried to sleep. I was successful after an hour of tossing and turning.