Chapter 26

𝗔𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 :

I woke up.

Yesterday was the worst. I had way more panic attacks than I usually do on my birthdays.

They say that time heals everything. But time makes this all worse for me.

It's like the universe just wants to make my life hell.

I dragged myself to get ready. I didn't want to skip school today. I didn't want Enzo or Olivia to worry. Not that Enzo would anyway.

I skipped my morning praises because I felt fucking broken. Plus, my eyes were puffy and red from crying all day yesterday.

I took a shower and got dressed.

I went downstairs, greeted my parents, and waited for Enzo.

...

Enzo and I were walking, casually listening to music.

"So, you wanna tell me why you didn't come to school yesterday?" He broke the silence.

"I don't wanna talk about it. It's private. When the time comes, you'll know."

"Don't worry. You take all the time you need."

...

We walked into school. I hid behind Enzo as I usually do.

I swear I saw Enzo smile as I did but I brushed it off. Maybe I was seeing things.

We said our goodbyes and attended our classes.

We have almost all the same classes together. We usually sit together at those classes.

Enzo and I had to go to football practice and do some of the music assignment today.

...

The day went by smoothly. I was walking toward Enzo when I was stopped by Susanna.

She had a disgusted look on her face.

I knew exactly what all this was.

Enzo was in my eyesight, and I was in his. I knew he saw Susanna, but I didn't dare let Susanna see my gaze.