𝐄𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ -Nothing but sadness-

Your head throbbed mercilessly, the agony of your wings slicing through your consciousness like shards of glass. For a fleeting moment, the pain receded into the background, only to come crashing back with a vengeance, engulfing you in a tidal wave of torment. You winced, your body instinctively recoiling from the searing agony that threatened to consume you whole.

In the dimly lit room, your trembling hands searched desperately for something to hold onto, seeking solace in the midst of your suffering. And then, by some cruel twist of fate, your fingers found purchase on Lucifer's hand, jolting him from his slumber with a start.

"Y/N... Holy shit, you're awake," Lucifer's voice was laced with a mixture of relief and disbelief, his eyes wide with shock as he beheld your fragile form.

Struggling to make sense of your surroundings, you gazed around the unfamiliar room with bleary eyes, the weight of your ordeal bearing down upon you like a suffocating blanket. "Where... where am I?" you whispered, your voice barely audible above the pounding of your own heart.

"In my room, safe and all wrapped up," Lucifer replied, his tone gentle but tinged with sorrow as he watched the tears welling in your eyes.

With each passing moment, the memories flooded back with painful clarity, the events of the past echoing in your mind like a haunting refrain. The betrayal, the agony, the overwhelming sense of abandonment – it all crashed down upon you with a crushing weight, threatening to swallow you whole.

Tears streamed down your cheeks unchecked, your sobs echoing in the silence of the room as you grappled with the harsh reality of your situation. "You were right... He let them hurt me," you choked out between gasping breaths, your voice raw with anguish. "He let them hurt me..."

In that moment, as the weight of your suffering bore down upon you like a relentless storm, you found yourself seeking solace in the arms of the one person who had remained steadfast by your side. And as Lucifer enveloped you in a gentle embrace, you allowed yourself to surrender to the overwhelming tide of emotion, finding fleeting comfort in the warmth of his embrace amidst the cold darkness that threatened to consume you.

Lucifer watched with concern as you struggled to rise from the bed, her determination evident despite the weariness etched into every line of her face.

"Y/N, are you sure you should be getting up?" he asked, moving to your side to offer support. "You need to take it easy after what you've been through."

But you shook your head stubbornly, your gaze unwavering as she met his eyes. "I can't just stay here, Lucifer," she insisted, her voice tinged with determination. "I need to move, to do something."

Reluctantly, Lucifer nodded, understanding the fire burning within her. "Alright, but take it slow," he cautioned, slipping an arm around her waist to steady her. "I'll be right here with you every step of the way."

As they made your way across the room, your steps grew steadier with each passing moment.

"Lucifer, I need a moment alone," you whispered, your voice barely audible over the faint hum of the room. Lucifer looked at you with concern, his brow furrowing in worry. After a moment of hesitation, he nodded slowly, his trust in you evident in his eyes.

"If you need help, all you gotta do is whisper 'help,' and I'll be here," he reassured you, his voice soft but firm. You managed a faint smile in response, grateful for his understanding. It took him a moment to release you, his grip lingering just a fraction longer before finally letting go. You steadied yourself against a nearby table, the sudden absence of his support making you feel unsteady.