𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐭?

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ -Angst-y? & Smut-

The hotel doors swung open, and a new demon stepped up to the front desk with all the pomp and entitlement of a true Karen. Her inverted bob haircut practically screamed 'let me speak to your manager,' while the cheap handbag dangling from the inside of her elbow suggested she thought herself above the rest of the clientele.

With an air of disdain, she stopped at the front desk and scoffed at the absence of immediate service. Without hesitation, she began incessantly clicking the bell, as if the mere sound of it could summon assistance faster.

Suddenly, as if materializing out of thin air, Charlie appeared behind the front desk, her expression a mix of exhaustion and forced cheerfulness. Despite the weariness etched into her features, she plastered on her best customer service smile and addressed the demanding newcomer.

"Hello, ma'am! How may I help you?" Charlie greeted the Karen with forced enthusiasm, her customer service smile firmly in place.

The Karen peered down at Charlie over the rim of her glasses, her expression dripping with disdain. After a few moments of scrutiny, she finally spoke, her tone dripping with condescension. "Mmm... Yes, I suppose I'm looking to give this cheap place a shot. Is it true I get free breakfast? And I want a pool, hot tub, oh, and I want the biggest balcony you've got."

Charlie nodded along, her smile faltering slightly at the laundry list of demands. "We do have breakfast, but I'm sorry to tell you we don't have a pool or a hot tub. And the room you describe is already taken—"

"Then kick them out, do you know who the fuck I am?" the Karen interrupted, her voice rising with indignation as she leveled a glare at Charlie.

Charlie's patience wore thin at the Karen's entitled attitude, but she maintained her composure, her professionalism outweighing her frustration

"I have four blogs and a Yelp account with THOUSANDS of followers! I could have this place shut down SO quick!" The Karen's voice echoed through the lobby, her entitled ranting drawing the attention of guests and staff alike.

Charlie's smile dropped at the Karen's threat, her frustration simmering just beneath the surface. She watched helplessly as the woman continued to spew her demands.

Desperate for assistance, Charlie turned to Angel, her expression pleading for help. "Hey, Angel?" she called out, her voice tinged with urgency.

Angel excused himself from his conversation with the guests, his attention fully focused on Charlie. "Hey, hon, what's up?" he asked, his brow furrowing with concern.

"Can you go get Adam? He's always great at dealing with Karens... may not be the most friendly method... But it sure as hell works," Charlie muttered the last two bits under her breath, her frustration evident.

Angel let out a small chuckle and nodded in understanding. "Yeah, I'll get on that," he replied before turning and making his way towards the stairs that led to Adam's room.

As Angel ascended the stairs, his smile faded, replaced by a solemn expression. This hallway held memories that he preferred to avoid, memories of you and the grandeur you brought to the hotel. It was a painful reminder of the loss that still lingered within the walls.

With each step, Angel's pace slowed, his thoughts consumed by the memories of you. Sometimes, he and the staff still found your pristine, clean, and beautiful feathers scattered around. Each discovery sent the hotel into another spiral of grief, reopening wounds that had yet to fully heal.

Angel stood in front of Adam's door, his heart heavy with the weight of the task ahead. It was the first time he had stopped in front of Adam's door without the reflex to turn and almost walk into yours. Taking a deep breath, he raised his fist and banged hard on Adam's door, knowing full well that Adam was probably asleep.