𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞.

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ -Implied smut & getting drunk- 

Angel had been free of his contract for a couple of weeks now, reveling in his newfound freedom by getting drunk and partying his brains away. You were always by his side, keeping a watchful eye and ensuring he stayed out of any trouble you knew he would want to avoid. However, guns and fights were still on the table, and despite your efforts to keep him safe, there were times when things got dicey.

Your wing had finally healed, the bandages having been removed just the other day (Charlie was still upset she wasn't there to kick Val's ass). When you weren't with Angel, relishing in his newfound freedom, you found solace in the skies. You soared among the rare clouds that drifted through Hell, and most importantly, you found yourself flying alongside Adam. Despite your wing's recovery, you still clung to Adam's side, using your lingering fear of flying alone as an excuse to keep him close.

It was a strange feeling, this reluctance to fly solo, but deep down, you knew it wasn't just about your wings. You feared losing Adam, losing the connection you shared as you glided through the winds together.

Charlie and you currently sat in the lounge area, brainstorming ideas for the upcoming party where all of Hell would soon find out redemption was possible. The thought was nerve-wracking, but you also found yourself believing in (most of) Charlie's ideas. You were fully committed to supporting her every step of the way, knowing that this party could be a pivotal moment for everyone in Hell.

"Alastor has security covered, and Angel, Husk, and Niffty are handling the decor, right?" Charlie asks nervously, seeking reassurance.

"Yes, but you know how your dad is. He'll likely end up doing everything in that department," you reply, taking a sip from your coffee.

Charlie nods quickly, her eyes darting back to the planning board. "And everything is set up online? People know there's going to be a party?" she asks again, her anxiety palpable.

You walk up to her and pull her close, trying to reassure her. "Charlie, we have everything under control. People will show up, and they'll have an amazing time," you assure her, attempting to ease her worries.

Charlie closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, repeating to herself, "Okay, I'm calm... I. Am. Calm."

As she drones on, you can't help but laugh, your laughter echoing through the room. Suddenly, you hear two pairs of feet descending the stairs, and you turn to see Husk and Angel laughing and smiling at each other. 

"Morning, you two," you greet as you step closer to Angel and Husk.

"Hey babes, how's Charlie handling everything?" Angel asks, his gaze shifting behind you to where Charlie is pacing.

You follow his gaze to Charlie before turning back to Angel. "She's doing okay. Hey, have you seen—" Your words trail off as you notice the smirk spreading across Angel's face.

With a sigh, your eyes roll, and you turn away. Angel's voice suddenly picks up, breaking through your thoughts. "He left early this morning. I paid him a visit before he left. He usually delivers his reports on Fridays, but I'm not sure when he'll be back," Angel explains, but you only catch half of it.

"Paid him a visit?" you ask, feeling a curious ache in your heart.

Angel looks at you nervously. "Uh... yeah. Had a few things I needed to...set straight."

___________________

5 hours earlier

Adam sleeps in his bed, still fully clothed with his mask covering his face, remnants of another lovely flight with you. His body hangs off the bed, and a trail of drool escapes the corner of his mouth as he snores and mumbles in his sleep.