𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭

Warning -nothing special😒- (Kill me😊)

You and Charlie sat in the lounge area of the hotel, surrounded by the remnants of a sleepless night. Charlie, her eyes bleary but determined, hovered over a board adorned with ideas and activities aimed at expediting the redemption process.

As a strong supporter of the hotel, you refused to leave Charlie's side, opting instead to stay by her as she tirelessly worked to improve the establishment. You reclined on the couch, adopting a posture reminiscent of a therapy session participant, while Charlie, lost in thought, muttered under her breath with a crazed smile plastered on her face.

"Charlie—" you began, but she cut you off abruptly, her thoughts racing a mile a minute. "I'm just not quite understanding why it's not working. Okay, okay, think Charlie. Think, think, think, think, think, think, think, think. Okay if I do this, it's going to be—" Suddenly, she groans. "I have trust falls every single morning. We can do—"

Before she could finish her sentence, Vaggie and Angel descended the stairs, their presence drawing an amused remark from Angel. Charlie, undeterred, continued her muttering, her determination unwavering despite the distractions.

"Charlie? Sweetie? You, uh, you good?" you interjected, concern lacing your words as you observed her frenzied state.

Charlie snaps back to look at Vaggie, her eyes red and strained, clearly showing the effects of sleep deprivation. Veins popped from her forehead as she spoke with an air of frustration and exhaustion.

"Nope! No, not really. Ha ha. I've been up all night trying to figure out why the hotel isn't working," Charlie exclaimed, her voice tinged with desperation as she crushed the papers in her hands. "We've done trust falls, we've tried sharing our feelings, we only have a couple of months left before the angels come. And at this rate—"

An idea popped into your mind, one you knew Charlie wouldn't enjoy. With a heavy sigh, you stood up from the couch and approached Charlie carefully. "I think it's time—"

"NO"

"To ask-"

"Don't say it"

Resting both hands gently on her shoulders and guiding her to meet your gaze.

"Your father"

Charlie groaned, rubbing her eyes vigorously as you dropped your hands to your sides, feeling her frustration palpably. "Charlie, I know you don't want to, but we need every advantage we can get," you urged gently, hoping to persuade her to consider the unconventional idea.

Mumbling under her breath, Charlie seemed lost in thought "He let the extermination happen to begin with. They just had a meeting and said, 'Go ahead and kill everyone...' Wait, that's it!"

A mixture of confusion and concern washed over you as Charlie's smile widened. "Kill everyone?" Vaggie questioned, clearly confused by the sudden shift in conversation.

"No! He could get me a meeting with Heaven!" Charlie exclaimed, her excitement evident despite her weariness. However, her attention was momentarily diverted by Vaggie's inquiry, allowing her to see the change in your demeanor.

"Well, yeah, with Adam, he was an asshole. But he isn't in charge of all of Heaven. We could go to the top. There's sure to be some angels who will listen," Charlie continued, unaware of the inner turmoil brewing within you.

Your fists balled up instinctively, and you felt a familiar ache in your shoulder blades as the memory of your lost wings resurfaced, the phantom feeling was still strange to you.

"Seraphims... They'll help you," you mutter, turning to Charlie and Vaggie. They nod softly in agreement, understanding the gravity of the situation. Slowly, Charlie retrieves her phone from her pocket, hesitating over Lucifer's contact.