𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ -You know...you knew it was coming-

The door swung open, and your worst nightmare came to life. Adam stood there, his signature smirk plastered on his face, while Lute sat beside him, her expression stoic as ever. Your breath caught in your throat, and for a moment, it felt like your mind was on the verge of unraveling. Angel offered his body as support, but you couldn't bring yourself to accept it. The sight of Adam washed over you, draining away the pain and ache from your body.

Charlie reacted swiftly, slamming the door shut and using her body as a barricade. The others quickly shifted into a defensive stance, bracing themselves for whatever confrontation was about to unfold. Despite their united front, it was clear that even with everyone present, they were no match against Adam and Lute.

Charlie's face contorted into a mix of confusion and surprise, reminiscent of when she had opened the door for Alastor.

"Um... you all saw what I just saw... right?" she stammered, her voice wavering slightly. Each member of the group nodded curtly, their expressions tense as they maintained their defensive positions.

Before Charlie could attempt to regain control of the door, it slowly began to open on its own, pushing her along with it. Adam and Lute stepped into the hotel, their presence immediately casting a tense atmosphere.

"Better than the last shithole," Adam remarked, his gaze sweeping the room before settling on you. His smirk faltered momentarily, and he forced himself to look away. Charlie, her tone more assertive but still tinged with nervousness, approached them.

"What are you doing here?" she demanded, her voice carrying a hint of defiance. "Take a fuckin chill pill, babe. I'm here on business," Adam retorted casually. Charlie's attempt at looking strong fell into a face of confusion. "Business?" she echoed, puzzled. Adam picked at his teeth with his sharp fingers and in a bored, almost aggravated tone said, "Yeah, your fucking thing worked or whatever. That snake thing is lounging freely in heaven."

Everyone froze as Charlie's exclamation echoed through the room. "S-Ser Pentious? In heaven? Oh shit! It worked! IT FUCKING WORKED!" she screamed, her excitement palpable as she jumped around, oblivious to Adam's presence, and celebrating their apparent success.

"Yeah, yeah, cool your damn jets," Adam grumbled in response, his irritation evident. You couldn't help but smirk, recognizing his aggravation. It was clear that he was annoyed because Charlie had been right and he had been wrong – He hated being wrong.

Your gaze locked with Lute's, and you exchanged a deadly glare. A faint smile tugged at your lips as you noticed the black eye she sported. You wished you could have fully appreciated the damage you inflicted upon her, but in the heat of your rage, you were too blinded to truly savor the sight of her being beaten half to death.

She looked away first, which you easily took as a win. "Sera," Adam said before coughing to cover the word 'Sadly'. "Sent me to watch over this place. Send her reports or some shit." The group exchanged uneasy glances. Charlie had a face of consideration, and Angel seemed to notice as well. "Charlie? You're not really considering this, are you?" he asked, concern evident in his voice. Charlie looked at Angel and then at Adam, who sported a smirk. Sighing, she admitted, "We don't have a choice. Adam might be an arrogant pompous asshole—"

"Selfish," you interjected, earning an unnoticed glare from Adam.

"BUT! He's also the only way we can have a somewhat safe transaction with Heaven, so I accept your deal! Plus he's not all that bad" Charlie declared with determination, turning to Adam.

"It wasn't a deal, but whatever..." Adam responded in a bored tone.

"He tried to kill us!"

"Fucking piece of shit"