𝐎𝐡 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬.

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ -Touching (Yuck) & That fucking slut (You know who)-

You wake up to the ear-splitting sound of Adam, his loud booming voice announcing his presence to half of hell.

"GOOD MORNING WORLD!"

Your eyes flutter open reluctantly, exhaustion weighing heavily upon you as you glare at the ceiling. With a groan, you reach for the pillow beside you, desperate to block out the cacophony of Adam's footsteps echoing down the hallway. Two days. Two days since he arrived at the hotel, disrupting the peace you had grown accustomed to. Yesterday, you had barricaded yourself in your room, needing time for both your powers to recharge and to think about how you weren't going to murder the man across the hall. 

Pulling the pillow over your head, you try to drown out the noise, craving just a few more moments of blessed silence. 

You knew you had to get out today and help around the hotel. With a weary sigh, you reluctantly stepped out of bed and shuffled into the bathroom. As you gazed at your reflection in the mirror, you couldn't help but nitpick at your disheveled hair and scrutinize every imperfection on your face. Your exhaustion was evident in the dark circles under your eyes and the lines of fatigue etched into your skin.

Despite your reservations, you knew you couldn't hide away forever. The hotel needed you, and you had a responsibility to your friends to lend a hand. With a resigned sigh, you pushed aside your insecurities and resolved to face the day head-on.

Stepping into the shower, you allowed the steaming hot water to cascade over your tired body, offering a brief respite from the weight of your worries. The sensation was both soothing and invigorating, washing away the physical and emotional grime that clung to you like a second skin.

As your hands roamed over your body, the warm water working its magic to relax your muscles, you couldn't shake the strange feeling that writhed beneath your skin. 

____________

As Adam's hands traced a tantalizing path down your body, a rush of warmth flooded your senses, igniting a familiar fire within you. The sensation of his touch, electrifying and intimate, sent shivers of pleasure coursing through your veins. With his arms encircling your waist, you leaned into his embrace, relishing the closeness between you.

His head nestled into the crook of your neck, his breath hot against your skin as his teeth grazed lightly over the sensitive flesh. A soft gasp escaped your lips, the sensation sending a thrill of anticipation rippling through your body. The memory of his touch, though distant, still held the power to stir something deep within you, awakening long-forgotten desires.

"I love you"
_____________

Your eyes snapped open at the sound of his voice, jolting you back to the present moment. Startled, you glanced around the room, as if half-expecting someone to have caught you lost in thoughts of your ex-husband.

But a persistent voice in the back of your mind reminded you, 'Not ex. He is your husband.' The words echoed within your consciousness, stirring up a whirlwind of conflicting emotions that threatened to engulf you. You shook your head vigorously, as if trying to physically dislodge the intrusive thoughts that lingered like shadows in the recesses of your mind.

Despite your best efforts to push them away, memories of your shared past with Adam flooded your thoughts, mingling with the present reality in a confusing tangle of emotions. It was a battle you fought every day, struggling to reconcile the person he once was with the man he had become, and the complexities of your relationship with him.

Taking a deep breath, you forced yourself to focus on the here and now, banishing the memories to the depths of your subconscious where they belonged. You couldn't afford to dwell on the past, not when the present demanded your full attention.