𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ -Sadness I guess?-

As Angel lies curled up on his bed in your arms, his tears flow freely. His face is devoid of color, his expression a mask of anguish that cuts you to the core.

With Fat Nuggets' collar gripped tightly in his hand, you can see his his finger digging into the leather. His grip so tight that you fear his bones could pop out of his skin at any moment. You continue to stroke his head, offering whatever comfort you can in this moment of despair.

There are no words that can adequately convey the depth of his pain, no platitudes that can ease the burden he carries. And so, you simply hold him close, offering your silent presence as a beacon of hope in the darkness that threatens to consume him.

As you hear a knock on the door, Angel flinches but doesn't move much from his curled-up position in your arms. With a heavy heart, you brace yourself for the inevitable intrusion, knowing that Charlie's sympathy, though well-intentioned, will likely only serve to remind Angel of the pain he's trying to escape.

As Charlie walks in, her expression filled with sympathy and pity, you offer her a weary smile, grateful for her kindness but wary of its impact on Angel's fragile state. "I thought you could use some food, got your favorite, Angel," she says softly, holding out a tray of food in an attempt to coax him out of his despair.

But Angel doesn't even blink, his gaze fixed on some distant point beyond the walls of the room. You feel a pang of sadness at his lack of response, hoping against hope that he'll find the strength to reach out and accept the gesture of kindness being offered to him.

After a moment of awkward silence, you shake your head and turn to Charlie, your voice tinged with resignation. "Maybe another time," you say softly, your words heavy with
sadness.

Charlie bites the inside of her cheek, a look of disappointment crossing her features as she nods in understanding. With a sympathetic smile, she sets the tray of food down on the bedside table before quietly stepping away "Husk's been really worried about you, wants to see you"

As Charlie relays Husk's concern, you watch Angel's eyes light up with a glimmer of hope, a small smile gracing your lips. It's the first spark of emotion you've seen from him in what feels like an eternity.

With a shaky breath, Angel mutters, "O-Okay," his voice fragile and broken from the weight of his sorrow. But despite the pain etched into every word, he summons the strength to sit up and you crawl off the bed.

You offer Angel one final smile of encouragement before stepping to the door, leaving him to face Husk's concern and support. As you exit the room, you find Husk leaning against the wall to your left, his expression a mix of concern and relief.

You're filled with a sense of gratitude for the bonds of friendship that hold you all together. And as you walk away, you can't help but hope that this small glimmer of hope is the beginning of Angel's journey toward healing.

"He wants to see you, try and get him to eat" Husk quickly snaps off the wall and rushes into Angels room. Charlie steps out and you can see her shaking, her face pale and her eyes glazing over.

As Charlie's tears escape, you immediately bring her in for a hug, feeling the weight of her guilt pressing against you. "I-It's all my fault... the party gave him the opportunity. I should have been more careful or-"

"Charlie, stop," you interrupt gently, holding her at arm's length. "It's not your fault. I shouldn't have let him run out. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine."

Charlie is about to protest, but before she can, Vaggie's voice fills the hall. "Charlie! Someone's at the door for you."

Charlie turns to look at her before giving you a 'This isn't over' kind of look. She rushes off, leaving you alone in the hallway.