𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭

Warning -None-

You woke up in your own bed, weary and unprepared for the day ahead. Reluctantly, you untangled yourself from the sheets and shuffled into the kitchen. The decision to move out of Lucifer's castle made around your 200th year in hell, felt like a necessary yet bittersweet step forward. 

Charlie, once a frequent visitor and companion, had gradually drifted away, especially after her mother's disappearance a couple of years back. Even Lucifer seemed increasingly distant, perpetually confined to his office.

Reflecting on the passage of time, you realized you'd spent 500 years in this infernal realm. Heaven felt like a distant memory, a faint whisper in the cacophony of hellish existence. You rustled up a simple breakfast—just toast with a smear of butter—and nibbled absentmindedly.

With no particular plans for the day, thoughts flitted to potential visits with Bee or Asmodeus. Fridays used to entail dinners and conversations with Al, reminiscent of the camaraderie you shared with Lucifer in days gone by. But now, Al was gone too, vanished around the same time as Lilith.

As you let out a tired sigh, the weight of the day settling heavily upon your shoulders, you made your way past the TV in your dimly lit living room. With a casual flick of your hand, you ran your fingers across the top of the television, a simple command muttered under your breath.

"On."

Instantly, the TV screen flickered to life, casting a soft glow across the room.

Your powers weren't confined solely to manipulating emotions; with a single word and a touch, you could bend reality to your will. Settling onto the couch with your toast, you indulged in one of your favorite shows until an intrusive news segment disrupted the tranquility. The sight of Katie Killjoy, a recent addition to hell's ranks, incited a surge of irritation. Rising from the couch, you approached the TV with purpose, placing your hand on it and uttering a single word, "Off." The screen obediently went black, banishing the unwelcome intrusion of the news.

With the annoyance dispelled you turned to retreat to your room when a sudden, insistent knock shattered the calm. Curiosity piqued, you approached the door cautiously, uncertain of who could be visiting in this desolate realm. 

No one ever visited you

You approached the door with caution, a sense of apprehension tingling at the back of your mind. Resting your hand on the doorknob, you twisted it open, revealing Charlie's nervous smile on the other side. Shock and surprise momentarily held you captive as you took in her unexpected presence. Behind her stood a girl with a cross over her eye, a faint sense of familiarity sturred within you, though you couldn't quite place it.

"Hey...Auntie," Charlie greeted tentatively, her voice breaking the silence. Startled from your reverie, you managed to respond, "Charlie." Pausing briefly, you widened the door further, inviting them in with a gesture. Charlie nodded gratefully and stepped into your abode, the girl following closely behind. With the door shut firmly behind them, you ushered Charlie and her companion to the couch, motioning for them to make themselves comfortable in the dimly lit space.

As they settled onto the couch, you took your place in a chair across from them, the worn upholstery creaking softly beneath you. "I'm going to guess you're not here for a drink. It's been a while, Charlie," you remarked, a faint note of curiosity coloring your words.

Charlie glanced at the girl beside her before returning her gaze to you, her expression tinged with concern. "I wanted to come to you for help," she confessed in a worried and quiet tone before brightening with a sudden burst of enthusiasm. "Oh! Sorry. This is my girlfriend, Vaggie," she announced proudly, gesturing towards the girl beside her.