𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ -Adam-

You descended the newly refurbished stairs, a touch of pride evident in your smile. Angel, Vaggie, and Charlie were gathered on the couch, their attention fixed on the new hotel commercial playing on the TV.

"How is it?" you inquired, hopeful for positive feedback. However, the expressions on Charlie and Vaggie's faces hinted otherwise.

"That bad, huh?" you remarked with a knowing smile, sensing their dissatisfaction.

Vaggie turned to Alastor, her anger palpable. "I'm sorry. What the fuck was that?" Her words were sharp, directed at the demon who seemed to be reveling in the chaos.

Alastor's grin remained, albeit with a hint of mischief. Charlie interjected, trying to maintain a diplomatic tone. "Um, yeah. One note, Alastor. I mean, first off, thank you so much for your help. It's seriously amazing, but maybe the tone is a bit off. We want people to be excited to come here. This makes it look, um..." She trailed off, searching for the right word.

"Bad. The word you're looking for is bad," Vaggie supplied, her tone tinged with disappointment.

"Funny. I was going for hilarious," Alastor retorted, seemingly unfazed by the criticism.

You shot him a glare, unable to hide your frustration. "Al, are you serious?"

Vaggie crossed her arms, her frustration evident. "It didn't explain anything about how we're trying to save demons from extermination, which is the whole fucking point," she added, her voice dripping with irritation. Charlie nodded in agreement. "Vaggie is right, Alastor. The commercial was supposed to let sinners know we are trying to help them."

Alastor stood and walked over to the television, his demeanor still casual despite the tension in the room. "Well, my dear, I haven't been active in Hell for some time, and everyone remembers me from my radio show, the proper medium to express oneself. But, you insisted on this noisy picture box advertisement," he explained, tapping the TV with his cane mid-conversation. "So, I had a little fun with it."

Vaggie rose from her seat, her anger palpable. "Oh, fun? You had a little fun with it?" she snapped. "Well, this is not what we want to represent us. When you showed up here a week ago, you told us you would help run this hotel. Instead, you're mocking us. Nobody's gonna wanna come to a place that a powerful overlord like you thinks is a waste of time."

Angel suddenly raised his hand from the couch, drawing everyone's attention. "If you're filming a commercial, can I suggest you take better advantage of the talented celebrity you have right here?" he proposed.

You glanced at Angel with a deadpan expression. "Angel, you're a porn star," you pointed out matter-of-factly.

Angel looked at you with a grin and jabbed a finger in your direction. "A famous one!" he declared proudly.

You chuckled and turned away from the conversation, making your way over to Husker, who was diligently cleaning a glass behind the bar.

"Morning, Husker," you greeted him with a small smile.

"Morning, y/n. Need a drink?" he offered, returning your smile.

You shook your head. "I'm okay, Husk, thank you," you declined politely.

As Husker continued his task, Charlie suddenly burst out with excitement. "OMG! You won't believe it!" she exclaimed, catching your attention.

"Charlie? What is it?" you inquired, turning to face her.

She held up her phone eagerly. "My dad just called. He said that the leader of the Angel Army wants to meet. He asked if I could go in his place!"

Your heart skipped a beat. Adam was here? In Hell? Charlie must not have known about your history with him. You were prepared to tell her, but you didn't want to ruin her happiness. Charlie and Vaggie began talking while you accepted a much-needed drink from Husk. Charlie began singing and you smiled, letting out a small chuckle "She halfway down the street yet?" you asked Angel who popped his head out and nodded "Yup" Vaggie let out a long groan while you and Angel shared a drink "Bugs! Bugs! So many bugs!" a voice popped in.

"Morning Niffty" Niffty jumped onto the counter and gave you a small wave "Morning y/n! Do you sleep okay? You should now anyway... I just cleaned your room so I hope you enjoy it!" You gave her a sincere smile "Thank you Niffty I appreciate it" She gave you her creepy grin and giggle before running off to who knows where. You were just about to relax when Vaggie's loud voice cut through the air "Okay people we don't got much time!" You jumped slightly, spilling a bit of your drink.

"We got a commercial to film!"

'Great' you took a small sip from your glass and sighed.
______________

Adam was lounging and spinning in his twisty chair in his office while lute stood tensed beside him "When is this shit supposed to start? I wanna go home...Fucking hate this" He says with a slight pout "You'll survive" Lute said her voice completely monotone. "Who is this bitch anyway?" Lutes expression changed, her voice now strained and slightly angered "Lucifer's daughter, Sir" Adam groaned, his frown very as large

He rested one hand on his chest while the other brought ribs to his mouth, the fingers on his chest absently twirling his ring. Lute observed this with a silent scoff, rolling her eyes before averting her gaze. She had long abandoned the futile effort of persuading him to remove it; that battle was lost years ago. Their final argument had revolved around the ring—Adam's persistent refusal to part with it irked her. He always found a way of avoiding the topic, saying things like. 

'It looks cool on me!'

'Fucking thing was expensive I'm not gonna just throw it away!'

'Makes a good guitar pick!'

But when he was drunk and alone he would whisper the truth  in the bed you and him once shared.

'Miss you, Sugartits'

'I wonder if this thing torments you as much as it does me..."

'I can't do this without you...'

'Come home'

'Fuck...It's all my fault isn't it..."

Adam squeezed his eyes shut tightly, attempting to banish the intrusive thoughts crowding his mind. Suddenly, he heard the door open, and a small voice echoed through the room. "Hello?"

The lights flicked on, revealing a shocked girl standing before Adam. As she stumbled forward and fell to the floor, Adam couldn't help but chuckle softly. "Sup," he greeted, offering her a small wave.

_____________

You and the crew had gathered in the lounging area, all set to watch the commercial, when Charlie walked into the hotel. Her expression was one of utter devastation, as though she had just witnessed her own broken heart laid bare before her.

Before you could approach Charlie to ask what was wrong, Vaggie approached her with a large smile. You listened in on their conversation and pieced together that Adam had upset her somehow. Charlie joined you on the couch, her expression still troubled. Leaning in, she whispered, "How?" You knew exactly what she meant and smirked slightly, turning to face the TV.

"Patience...a lot of patience and sex"

Charlie's cheeks turned red and she turned to the Tv as well. You and the entire group were so excited to watch the new commercial but just as it started the news played.

Charlie's cheeks flushed with embarrassment, and she quickly turned her attention to the TV screen alongside the rest of the group. Excitement filled the air as everyone anticipated watching the new commercial, but their anticipation quickly turned to shock as the news began to play.

"Breaking news in Hell today! We have just received word from the Heaven Embassy that the next Extermination is happening sooner than ever before. Do you know what that means, Tom?" Katie announced.

Your heart skipped a beat as you froze, your mind racing with thoughts about what could have transpired between Adam and Charlie.

"No, what does that mean, Katie?" another voice chimed in.

"It means we're all royally fucked!" Katie replied grimly.

Angel raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Wait, what? Why?!" he demanded, echoing the question swirling in your mind.

Your hands clenched into fists in your lap as your mind raced, trying to make sense of the situation. Then, it clicked.

Adam wouldn't have taken such drastic measures unless he felt threatened.