Part two: Hallway crush forming

"Well? Tell us about yourself." A few boys in the back of the class snicker and I shoot them a small glare as if to tell them to shut up. I look back at the teacher and Oliver. "Oh well... uhm I really like writing and I play the guitar." Replies Oliver. I sigh softly. Will this kid ever get a break? It's the first day and he's already getting emotionally wrecked in embarrassment. The teacher lets him off the hook and he sits down in his seat towards the back of the class. On his way, I lock eyes with him. I smile lightly at him, heart racing as he smiles back. He sits in his seat and gets out his new notebook he had for the class.

Class continues and the whole time my mind is filled with him. How that small moment where we locked eyes made my heart race. I was so caught up in my thoughts I didn't notice the teacher looking right at me, seeing me doodle instead of pay attention to het lecture. She snatches my book from me and I perk up. I glare at her as I realize what she's doing. "Drawing in my class are we?" She says to me loudly. I roll my eyes "Can I have that back or are you going to show the class to try and embarrass me into listening to you?" I say in an annoyed tone. She walks up to her desk where she has a desk camera that projects onto the board for everyone to see. I groan and lean back in my seat as she shows my drawing to everyone. 

The drawing was of my friend group during a sleepover we had not too long ago where we had a silly ritual and I was laying in the middle of my friends who were standing in a circle holding Sanrio plushies. It was surprisingly well drawn. The class erupts into whispers and snickers. I rub my eyes. "Is there a reason you do this to me?" I ask her annoyedly. She smirks at me and passes my book back to me. "Don't draw in my class and this won't happen" She says. I look her dead in the eyes "Drawing. Helps. Me. Focus." I say firmly to her. She glares at me "You. Are. Faking. It." 

I go through class annoyed with the teacher and the teacher finding new ways to try and embarrass me. I hate her with all my guts and nothing she could ever do would change that. The bell rings and I pack up my things along with everyone else. I walk out into the hallway a bit later then everyone else but that's okay, my next period was P.E. so they didn't care if I was late. As long as I showed up in sport clothes I guess.

The hallway was practically empty now as I walk down it, nice and calming. I turn the corner to see Oliver getting shoved against the wall by another boy and his friends who continued walking while laughing. I frown and walk over. I look down at Oliver and offer a helping hand. "What happened with them?" I ask Oliver. He embarrassedly takes my hand, standing up and brushing himself off. 

"Just a little shove, nothing bad." He replies. I nod silently for a moment before smiling slightly and putting my hands in my pockets. "I'm Nexus by the way, we have the same History class together." I say happily to him as we start to walk together. "Oh cool... I like your name by the way. It's cute." He says softly. My heart flutters. Oh my god. "Thanks.. U-uh what's your next class? Maybe we have the same one?" He smiles and let me tell you that smile was GORGEOUS. 

"Band, what do you have?" I frown slightly "Awh, I have P.E." He chuckles and replies softly "Oh well at least we can walk together, right?" I smile at him again as a million different thoughts came to me. I nod with a happy and content mind. I get an idea and take a deep breath. "Could I get your number? You're really cute and I'd love to get to know you better..." He flushes a deep red but nods as he fumbles to get out his phone. "Yeah... sure!" 

~Skipping to lunch break~ 

I walk to my table a giggly mess, sitting down beside Thomas and Addison. Addison smirks at Vic and he smirks back before looking at me. "Who did you see? What happened?" They both say in unison while Thomas is busy eating his food, clueless of what I accomplished. I smirk at them, waving my phone as I giggle "I got someone's number~" Addison laughs and moves next to me to see my texts but I squirm and turn my phone off so she can't see. "Stop trying to look!" My table laughs then Vic speaks up. "Then tell us, bitch!" He says jokingly. 

I start explaining what happened and I get to the part where Oliver called my name cute. "And! And, I told him my name and you know his response?" I see all three of my friends and Thomas's boyfriend who was sitting with us a smirk, looking between me and something behind me. I pause and look behind me to see Oliver standing behind me with his lunch tray. I turn bright red in the matter of seconds. I look at him and he smiles sheepishly at me. "Can I sit here?" I nod and put on a smile as he sits right beside me. I lock eyes with Thomas and he snickers. My heart was racing and my face was only getting redder and redder. 

I look over at Oliver and smile, gaining confidence. I was about to say something when I heard it. My expression an all of my friend's expressions go cold and sharp as I shift my gaze to the root of the sound. Maranda and Destiny. They were laughing and walking towards our table as if they owned it. I glare at them and my fists clenched under the table which caught Oliver's notice.