Part 15: Sneaking out

AFTER THOMAS GETS OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND CAN WALK SOMEWHAT NORMAL                                    (Nova's POV)

 The group chat I made with Thomas, Addison, Yvette, and Vic starts to blow up with many many messages... Most from Thomas yapping about how he's a "bad bitch" and doesn't need crutches because he's "too good" I smile at all the messages, even cheering him on a little. 

Eventually, the topic of all of us sneaking out to Walmart together and buying snacks comes up and of course I am put in charge of picking up everybody. I was the only one who knew how to drive anyways. I never was one to do anything like sneaking out without my parents knowing, because I knew my dad was chill with almost anything. 

I walk downstairs where my dad was scrolling on his phone. "Dad?" I ask. He perks up and smiles "Hey kiddo, what's up?" He replies in his usual, happy tone. I sit on the couch across from his 'special chair' and smile "Can I hang out with my friend group? They want to sneak out, but I wanted to ask first. I'll bring my pepper spray, pocket knife, and phone fully charged." 

He thinks for a moment. "Where would you guys go?" He asks with a head tilt. I shrug "Walmart and the playground down the road probably" I chuckle. He smiles and nods "Just don't get hurt, and if you kill someone just don't get caught. If someone asks where you got anything you aren't supposed to have just say "Dad gave it to me" and I'll take care of it later. 

I laugh softly and stand up "Thanks dad, I'll try not to kill anyone. The paper work would be too long anyways" He laughs as I walk back up to my room. I hop on a call with the whole friend group which is planning their escapes. I roll my eyes "My dad said I could go." I say casually. Vic laughs hard "Your dad is okay with anything" 

~Time skip~ 

After I pick up Thomas first, we start our drive to Yvette's house. Thomas is wearing a black compression top and grey sweats. "I want a motorcycle" He says randomly. "A what now?" I chuckle "Your mom would NEVER let you ride one. Do you know how long she'd yap about the danger of it?" Thomas smiles, looking out the window. "Ugh, but it would be so worth it though..." He replies while fantasizing about a motorcycle. "The sleek paint job... loud engine... Ugh, gorgeous" 

I laugh but smile "I could see you with one in like, end of collage." We park outside Yvette's house to see her slide down the gutter drain. I snicker as she get's in. She's wearing a pair of red sweats, three white lines going down the sides of them, and a cropped black tank top "Okay international super spy" Yvette laughs as we drive off to get the rest of the group. I was dreading the amount of money I'd spend on snacks later on, but I knew it would come sometime.

After we get everyone in the car and to the Walmart, we all get out. It looked like a clown car with how many people were getting out. Oliver is wearing a black hoodie and grey sweats. Vic is wearing black cargo pants and a dark pink hoodie. Addison is wearing a black tank top and creme colored sweats. I am wearing a dark red oversized sweater, black fishnet tights, and black boots.

 I hold hands with Oliver happily as Addison and Thomas drag the whole friend group to the toy aisle. We find a robot doll where you press the paw of the dog and speak into it, then it'll take what you said and "make a song" out of it. I smirk at Thomas as we share a braincell for a moment.

We grab the robot doll and on the count of three we press the paw and say "Come here, kitten. Don't make daddy angry" In unison. As the doll plays the audio, the whole group laughs hard, Addison even drops to her knees in laughter. I lean on Oliver who's also laughing his ass off. We fall over, him landing over me and I freeze. I smile up at him as a small pink hue forms on my face. 

He smiles sheepishly down at me, hands holding him up. I smirk as an idea rolls into place. I lean up and kiss him. Vic chokes on his drink in the background and laughs with the group. Oliver leans into it before breaking the kiss for air and sitting up. He stands up and I sit up, using his hand to help me stand up fully

We buy our stuff and walk out into the parking lot. I hit my vape, blowing the smoke out my nose as we walked to the car. Vic was laughing as Addison and Yvette get into a flirting match meanwhile Oliver is caught in a trance. He stares as me with a look that could only be explained with one word. Love. 

I smile at Oliver and shoot him a wink which went right to his heart. He was really the sweetest. I don't even know what I would do without him. We start driving to the old playground in the neighborhood and as soon as we get there, Addison and Thomas book it to the swing set. Oliver and I hold hands as the group chuckles. We had bought the stuff to make the famous "Battery acid drinks" in little sippy cups. 

I laugh happily as I get out my sippy cup. It had a spiderman print on it. After dumping all the stuff into the cups, we all shake up our cups, causing them to fizz up a lot. I smile at Oliver as he puts a hand on my thigh. I lean my head on Oliver's shoulder. Addison was straight up sitting in Yvette's lap, face red and hidden in her hands. Yvette had a smug and prideful look on her face.