Part 21: Mall date

(STILL THOMAS'S POV)

I pass him the aux, eyes on the road. He picks a playlist and we simply let it run on it's own. I keep the music slightly turned down so we can keep our calmness on the ride there. The sunset kept the sky a brittle orange as a chilly breeze blew along the empty streets. The mall opened really early, so we didn't have to worry about arriving too early. 

We get to the mall and I smile at him as we get out the car. I shove my wallet and keys in my pocket before walking up to the main doors with him. It was pretty empty other then the occasional morning people walking by. We sit down at a random cafe we found. 

It was calming and cozy, the peaceful cafe music softly lingering through the air from the speakers as the scent of coffee, teas, and various baked goods follows into our senses. We sit at the only two people table closest to the window, letting us see the gorgeous skies.

It all felt like something out of a Pinterest board. We place our drink orders and as the waiter leaves, I look at Vic. The autumn light shining on him made him look like something out of this world. I could feel the butterflies fluttering already.

He suddenly breaks the silence, flashing a charming grin at me. "So, how are you feeling now? Got any stores you want to go to first?" I chuckle to hide my nervousness. " Maybe Zumiez? I have been meaning to look around there"

Before he can respond, he gets a phone call. He looks at the phone and of course I get curious. "Who's calling..?" I keep my voice quiet as he answers the call. He shows the contact name and I giggle quietly.

It was Nova, but he had put her contact name as 'Red dwarf'. Anyways, after a moment, Vic puts away his phone and speaks in a joking tone that could make anyone blush.

"She heard and wanted to check in on you." He says with a laughs quietly "Ignore her contact name by the way" I smile, "Mine is worse.."

Vic raises his eyebrow and I sigh with a small smile on my face. "I don't have my phone, but her contact name in my phone is "Papa Smurf" I seem embarrassed as Vic breaks out into laughter.

"Papa Smurf?" He asks. I nod, my face getting red. "The photo is of me and her painting our faces blue. She looked like handsome Squidward" This made Vic laugh more.

His laugh was gorgeous and the sound was the music I always needed. He had this cute smile I felt captivated by. I caught myself staring at him but he noticed first.

He takes the opportunity to tease me. He smirks and raises an eyebrow. "Staring are we? I could give you something to stare at" I instantly turn cherry red at the comment.

Thankfully, the drinks are brought to our table and I thank the waiter as they leave. I pick up my coffee, trying to change the topic. Vic sips his coffee too, looking out the window.

( Sorry this was so short, I'm trying to get back into the groove of writing but it's so much harder doing all this typing on a phone. I'll try to post more but no promises. 💗💗💗💗)