Part six: Midnight

(TRIGGER WARNING!!!! Mentions of child abuse, smoking, and drugs!!! )

Thomas, Vic, Addison, Oliver... They meant the world to me. And I wouldn't give them up if my life depended on it.... Everyone gets comfy and falls asleep soon after Oliver and I pass out on the couch. We were all a mess, but we were a mess together. 

I started to dream of old memories, all the times that I had buried all those years ago. All the things I wish I never would remember again. It gets to the point where in my dream, I am reliving a memory from when I lived with my biological father. He was a heavy drinker and smoker. When he'd get stressed, he'd beat me until I couldn't breath then go out to smoke a cigarette. 

I relive a memory... I was only six back then. I was in my bedroom playing with some of my Legos. I was so proud, I had built a little blue rocket ship. My dad walks in the house after a long day of "work". He had kiss marks on the collar of his shirt. I look at him and smile "Dad look! I made a space shi-" He groans, cutting me off. I walk up to him with the rocket in hand to show him. I look at him with a worried look. "Everything okay..?" 

He shoves me to the side, palm on my forehead. He shoved me back so hard I stumbled into the wall and hit my head against the door frame. I fall on my butt and start to cry as a six year old does. He kicks me to the side and walks into the kitchen. I had dropped my rocket and it shattered into many different Lego pieces. 

I wake up to Oliver shaking me awake, a worried look on his face. I open my eyes. "H-huh? Yes love?" I speak tiredly, my voice slightly deeper and soothing. I feel tears on my face and sit up, chuckling "I woke up because I felt something wet on my chest and I saw you crying!" Oliver whispers worriedly, trying to not wake the others. I smile softly at him "Just a night terror, I promise. I'm so sorry I scared you." 

Oliver hugs me tightly and I could feel his heart racing in his chest "I thought you were in pain. I- I thought I did something" I plant a small kiss on his cheek as I hug him back. I lay in his arms for a moment, savoring the moment. I loved him with all my heart and mind, nothing would change it. He really was cute when he worried for me. 

"Wanna go upstairs to my room?" I ask softly. "I have a hard time opening up to people and... there's something I think you should know." Oliver sits up with me still in his arms. He replies with a smile "Oh of course, lead the way." I get up with him, silently navigating through the people sleeping on the floor. Thomas was spread out like Patrick Star from Sponge bob as he slept, a funny sight to see at midnight. 

I lead him upstairs and into my room. I smile when I walk in. My dad had cleaned it up a little while I was in the hospital "How sweet" I thought to myself. "That makes my job a bit easier.." I sit down on my bed with Oliver and grab my white dragon plush I keep on my bed. I sit in Tailor sitting style, legs crossed and bent. I look at him. 

Every time I'd open up about my feelings to someone, I'd cry. No matter how hard I tried to stop it. "I do have to warn you, love. On the topic of my feelings I cry very easily, so just try to ignore my tears okay?" I say to him. "Oh... Uhm alright" He smiles nervously. I nod silently for a moment, thinking of where to start with this. 

"My biological father wasn't the best man... When my mom died after I was born, he went ballistic. He started drinking, doing drugs, smoking weed, all the things... but the worst of all, he abused me." I start. "He'd hit me all the time then go smoke a cigarette as if the world was fine. I remember sitting in my closet, in the dark, crying my eyes out in silence because I was afraid he'd find me. I was more afraid of him then toddlers were afraid of 'monsters under their beds' a-and I had a dream about it." 

My voice breaks, tears stinging my eyes like bees. Oliver stays silent, jaw hanging open slightly. "Oh my... that's why Maranda said "At least my mom loves me." He thinks silently to himself. He takes my hands in his, keeping eye contact as I continue. I start to cry but I ignore it. "A-and one night... I called CPS while he was on the porch smoking. He had just knocked the ever living shit out of me, so I did the only reliable thing." 

I go along, explaining my childhood trauma until my voice gives out and my tears cave in. Oliver scoops me up into his arms, setting me on his lap as I sob into his shoulder and cling onto him. He rubs my back softly with one hand, using the other to run his fingers through my hair. "Hey, hey, let it out love. I am so proud of you for coming to me about this. I know how hard it is to open up to people like this." 

I nod but keep crying into his shoulder, tears dripping onto his shirt. I only cry harder but he notices I am almost fully silent when I cry, probably a trauma response. I cry and cry like there is no tomorrow but not a single so or wail comes out of me. He kisses my forehead softly and I smile at him but continue crying, smiling through the tears. 

____________________________________________________________

(I might start uploading a bit less due to problems in my life right now, but I will try my hardest to get these chapters out! I am trying to do at least 1000 words each chapter, and two chapters every night or more if I can. Love ya! <3)