Part 12: Detention

"Tired?" He chuckles. I force a small smile and nod "Mhm, last night was long for all of us. Wanna go check on Thomas with me during lunch?" I ask tiredly before he replies "I'd love that"

We walk into first period about a minute after the bell rings, not even a full minute. The teacher stops us in our tracks with a smug look on her face "You're L.A.T.E!" I give her the shittiest, meanest, piercing glare I could ever give her. "The bell just-" I get cut off by her nagging voice "Uh- Uh- Uh! No excuses!" 

I clench my fists, letting go of Oliver's hand. He looks at me with a worried expression before I speak up "Can you shut your nagging ass voice up for once? The bell just fucking rang. We're not late so fucking teach the class or get out. Your job is to teach, not make kids cry." She makes an annoyed scoff and grabs one of the 'pink slips' from off her desk.

"Detention right now young lady!" She exclaims. I roll my eyes and Oliver silently walks over to his desk. "At least you got one thing right, I'm surprised your old ass isn't six feet under. I'm starting to understand why your husband is cheating on you with the principal's daughter."

I snatch the note from her and shove my way out the classroom before she can respond. The class erupts into whispers and snickers while the teacher stares at the door with her jaw hanging open slightly... With how old she was I'm surprised it didn't fall off BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

About thirty minutes of class goes by and Oliver stands up mid class. "Fuck you" He says bluntly. The teacher glares at him. "I'm sorry?" She asks. Oliver smirks "Thank you, I've been waiting for an apology for all the shit you put me through." The teacher starts to speak- "Det-" but Oliver cuts her off "Detention, thank you. I'll be on my way" 

Oliver walks out as the class breaks into laughter. The teacher screams something but he's already closed the door, it wasn't his problem anymore. He waltz's into the detention classroom where the unpaid intern sat at a desk scrolling on her phone and not paying attention to the class of students that were put in detention. "Go sit somewhere, don't make too much noise" She says in a monotone voice. 

Oliver sits in the seat beside me and I smile at him "How'd you get here?" I ask him with a chuckle. Oliver smirks and leans back in his seat "Cussed at the teacher, smart remarks." He shrugs and I giggle. "How sweet" I say sarcastically "Got in trouble just to see me?" He shoots me a charming grin as my face heats up slightly. I laugh softly at the sight. 

"Class was boring, this is better then listening to her yap about "bRiNg YoUr CoMmOn SeNsE" or whatever the fuck" I smile warmly at him, laying my head down on the desk as I look up at him. "You're cute when you cuss" I say softly before shifting my head onto my arm more. I wince, yanking my head up. I look down at my wrist "You good?" Oliver asks, looking down at my sleeve covered wrist. 

"Yeah, don't worry about it, love" I say but he doesn't buy it. He frowns and I look at him. I felt a heart string break just at the sight. I groan and lower my head before showing him the bandages  on my wrists. Suddenly a familiar voice speaks up from behind me and I yank my sleeve down

Collin...

"Oh? Little emo freak cut herself again?" He says through his guffaws. I roll my eyes as Oliver decides to release some pent up anger. "You are swine you vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. As we say in California, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. A zit on the butt of society. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you."

I basically choke on air as the whole room starts to laugh, even the 18 year old intern who was barely paying attention. I smile at Oliver "Where the fuck did you get that from?" I laugh harder "Oh I loved that" 

"SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!" Collin exclaims, standing up and slamming his hands down on the desk. I glare at him "Sit. Down." I say in a firm tone. Collin leans down so his head is inches from mine. I could smell his shitty breath. Smelled of garlic cloves, how fitting. "Oh shiver me timbers." He replies, not blinking nor breaking eye contact.

I smack him like his father should've, making sure it would leave a dark mark on his face. "You listen to me, you racist biggot. I'll cut your spinal chord in half then sneak your liver into the school meat so when people use the bathroom you can finally get some ass" I do not yell, but damn I want to. 

Collin goes silent, face darkening as he tilts it down a bit. I smirk and snicker "Look who's 'emo' now, you look like you own a fedora" Oliver puts a hand over his mouth to hold back a laugh. Collin launches into attack but gets shoved to the ground by another girl. She looked stunning. 

She kicks a point on his head and he gets knocked out cold

She kicks a point on his head and he gets knocked out cold. I stare in awe, a smile forming on my face. "Woah..." I manage to mutter after a moment. She smiles at me and snickers deviously before holding her hand out to me. "Yvette, Yvette Alarie" She states, her voice was perfect in every way. I shake her hand, not taking my eyes off her hair. "Nova, I love your hair..." I mumble, snapping myself out of my little trance. She chuckles softly.